WTF, Rockauto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
They have always sent me the right parts, however i will say ive heard it is a royal pain to return if they did send you the wrong ones. I just bought spark plugs from them for my sons 260 olds and they were something like .36 cents or .63 something along those lines a piece so dirt cheap really

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
They have always sent me the right parts, however i will say ive heard it is a royal pain to return if they did send you the wrong ones.

I was literally just about to say the same thing. I've ordered from them probably well over 100 times, and I don't think I've ever received broken or incorrect parts, but returning anything to them is near impossible. Once you buy it, it's yours.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
On the return issue I never had any problems of extras fees but it has been years since I had to return anything. I ordered lower ball joints that were to have grease fittings & wear indicators like OE & Moog. They didn't have either or likked anything like the picture, they ate the shipping to return them. But that was like eight years ago when they did have better customer service.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Is it really that economical to buy spark plugs at Rockauto………………………...considering what you may have to go through when they send the wrong ones? Surely it isn't that much cheaper.

The part I just ordered is about 1/2 the price even with shipping and the dollar exchange, plus I ordered it on Monday and it just arrived. If I order that part in Canada it takes over a week and that is if they have it in stock.

Reactions: 1 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Its all about statistics really. I work in the quality department at one of the Cummins engine plants and its simple PPM (parts per million) just like we have here out of every so many orders, one will have a flaw. So when you think of the big picture yes eventually you will get an order thats wrong. However to them for that week you could be order number 251,765 so in the world of processing and shipping thousands of orders a week thats really not that bad. At the part store they dont have to worry about that. Computer says its this part number, if its wrong then its the computers fault.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
The part I just ordered is about 1/2 the price even with shipping and the dollar exchange, plus I ordered it on Monday and it just arrived. If I order that part in Canada it takes over a week and that is if they have it in stock.
Im not sure if they have it in Canada but in the states for the love of god and all that is holy never select the DHL "faster shipping" method if you ever want to see your precious part or your sanity again. Needed a part for my trans am a little faster and selected it, paid 10 extra bucks and it arrived later than it would have with regular shipping because they "lost " it

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
For all it's flaws it is still the place to go for hard-to-find-parts. I guess they buy out NOS stuff from wholesalers because they really do have rare stuff. But lately for newer stuff they are not much better than local parts places. I blame the tax/shipping situation.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Im not sure if they have it in Canada but in the states for the love of god and all that is holy never select the DHL "faster shipping" method if you ever want to see your precious part or your sanity again. Needed a part for my trans am a little faster and selected it, paid 10 extra bucks and it arrived later than it would have with regular shipping because they "lost " it

I am having an issue now with adapters I ordered on the 13th, I had to go though paypal as a guest cause I do not use paypal. Paypal shipped it by USPS which is good but they shipped it first class mail which is the cheapest way but there is no tracking available. Last notification I got it arrived in Chicago International Distribution center on the 17th and I cannot find any info on it. I had no options on how it was shipped, I detest paypal

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't think PayPal "ships" anything. They just collect the money. You can look up your order number on RockAuto and see what the tracking number is. USPS always provides a number even if the seller doesn't post it. I hate that.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The reason I thought paypal shipped it cause I got an email from paypal

1561644454502.png

It just shipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor