X-MEMBER MODS 700R4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmoneymr2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2011
Anybody know the specifics on the crossmember modifications to put a 700R4 transmission behind a Small Block Chevy in an 1987 oldsmobile cutlass supreme that came factory with a 307 olds and 2004r? I know the driveshaft needs shortened and i have heard a lot that the crossmember needs modified but nobody ever gets mor specific than that. I wish i had the option of keeping the 2004r but being a 177K mile transmission and that im putting in a 406 SBC that is already mated to this 700r4 and both have fresh rebuilds and the transmission is already beefed up to handle the engine the 700r4 is the better choice for me just trying to get an idea of how much I'm biting off before i just start stuffing with a torch in one hand and a welder in the other.

tmoneymr2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2011
Ya Blake I thought about buying one and still am thats kinda why I was asking what it takes to modify it if i can save a few bucks by modifying my existing member I will. All the more money for tires to fry helps...

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
I got the Jester 700 R4 crossmember from Jegs for $150. Bolted right up with no problems and it cleared both my header mufflers. I say just spend the money and save the headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor