Yay or Na - LPW axle tube brace

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Phoenyx...what upgrades did you do to your diff...if you do want to get some money back out of it and get an 8.5 go to the classifieds of some close circle track race tracks. We ran a thunder car series and we had to run the 7.5 rear end since that's what the metric cars came with. We could upgrade the axles and run a spool so if you could try to sell whatever upgrades they could use and get some money back like that.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
well the gears and diff were replaced about 4000kms ago. I don't know much of the details. The gears were used 3.73 (low kms) and looked like new. The diff was new, got a deal because the guy had had it in his shop for a while (still in box). I don't know anything about what type it is. All I do know is that the splines were different from what were on my stock axles. So that had to change the inputs on the diff. The guy that rebuilt it over did the crush sleeve(?) so it didn't take long before the rear started making noise. So the car got parked. Then when I finally got it fixed, I had the another set of new bearings, new stock replacement axles, new studs, and new seals. He said there was a bit of wear on the gears. But that it was nothing that would affect the rear end. At the worst he said it might make a bit of noise when decelerating (which it doesn't). I also added a LPW cover to it too. Along with Edelbrock Anti-hop bars, double adjustable uppers, and boxed lowers. Since the last rebuild, (about a year ago) it has been behind a bone stock 305/TH350 (no shift kit) with 196/60/15s. So it hasn't been abused by a powerhouse engine. And because my tires (that I also bought at the same time I had the rear done) were over $700, I have only done maybe 4 or 5 small burnouts. And with the rear suspension, those were 'wheel-hop free' burnouts lol.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you get an 8.5 the adjustable control arms and the anti hop will work won't they?... the cover you can sell and if your carrier is a posi with 373 gears that's be worth at least 2-300...and the rest....you could try the circle track avenue

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
honestly though, save the money towards a better more dependable rearend, you can use all the lower and upper control arms, sway bars and everything on pretty much any other rear end as long as it is fabbed for the g-body. good luck man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor