Yet Another Old Guy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
It’s a different project. I like different. Like that pinto truck. Different. I would never have one, but it is cool. Good luck with the project and welcome! Looking forward to the progress and pics!

Reactions: 1 user

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
Maybe use a later model tuned port injection if you want to keep it a regular small block. Maybe a custom frame on the Corvair .But I have seen people when they came out put Toronado trans axles if you decide to keep it in back.Good luck to you on which way you want to go.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Welcome!

An old guy? You'll fit right in.. :D

-Gonz

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’d be willing to bet that some on here don’t even know what a Corvair is.

cardude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2020
Astoria, OR
Thanks for all the positive replies!
Been tossing around the idea of using a mid-80's Corvette chassis, they can be had pretty reasonable and still front engine & trans. Those tall side rails would have to go however. Understand most of those frames are HSS, welding on different frame rails would be a challenge. I like the suspension capabilities that could be had with that set-up though.
Thoughts?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Up front it's not a big deal. But any questions about the rear be advised that the frame under that wagon donor you reference will be different/unique from your run of the mill gbody coupe sedan.

Same would be true if you looked at an El Camino frame.

So when guys give measurements, try to be specific with them about what they're pulling numbers from. Which version of the frame you use does have slight differences.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Welcome! Sounds like a fun build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor