Your car *WILL* get stolen!

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
pontiacgp said:
I've heard of concealment laws but never any law that allows you to brandish your firearm in public.... :roll:

Open carry of a holstered firearm is most definitely NOT brandishing. And if it was pulled in a situation like this, it would not be either.. Guess it depends a little bit on where you live though.

RAGINGMALIBU

RAGINGMALIBU
Jun 4, 2014
TEXAS
pontiacgp said:
Doober said:
It's doable... if someone hacks this site they can gain access to the IP address every single user has registered from. From there they can get a closer idea of where you live, then they will know where to look for the car. They may not find it for a while, but they'd know what it looks like. That's why I don't post specifics about what I've done security-wise with any of my vehicles, and you can be sure I've changed more than one thing to stop a would-be thief.

This is not likely, but highly possible

To whoever is reading this and looking up my IP address...I have done nothing to secure my winter ride against theft...it's a blue Pathfinder and it starts up great. I'll leave it full of gas at all times...please enjoy it and don't complain to me about the gas milage

This was awesome, still laughing!

ME TOO! I have a 2011 Malibu in the same condition. Just open my unlocked back door and try not to notice the .45 caliber hand cannon staring you down. The Keys are by the back door behind the gun! BUAHAHAHa

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
One thing I always did when I parked my olds for more than a few mins is turn the distributor. I knew where it had to be to be in time(with the way it was stabbed the nose pointed at the carb) so I'd turn it at least 90° out. Id even leave the key in it. Only happened once where someone tried to steal it. Come out and the door was open and the engine was flooded. Turned the distributor back where it went, cranked it a few times and vroom. Actually figured out who it was as I drove home from the shocked look when my olds rumbled past him. The no hood thing made this practice easy lol

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
On my old T bird, the ignition was all rigged up and smashed (car was stolen prior to me getting it, smashed glass could still be seen through the rust hole in the driver's door), so the ignition was just pushing the rod down just as the key does. Push it in, start. Pull it out, off. It had points ignition so when I went to work or anywhere besides home (parents parked behind be as I left for school and work after they leave) I'd just take the coil wire off and put it in my pocket. Plus how intimidating the thing was, I don't think anyone would want to be anywhere near it.
12592457_1007087596050416_425657372538077064_n.jpg

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
brandish, no... but open carry is legal in CT as long as you have your permit to carry... its not practiced often in public due to the attention it draws, especially after the sandyhook shooting... but i still practice it, cause i dont want to have to fight with a shirt or jacket to get to my firearm in case of an emergency... learn the laws... ctcarry.com

Maine is open carry... and no permit to conceal carry if your a resident... only problem is the Out of Stater transplants freak out and call 911 for the crazy gun toting hicks....

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
One thing I always did when I parked my olds for more than a few mins is turn the distributor. I knew where it had to be to be in time(with the way it was stabbed the nose pointed at the carb) so I'd turn it at least 90° out. Id even leave the key in it. Only happened once where someone tried to steal it. Come out and the door was open and the engine was flooded. Turned the distributor back where it went, cranked it a few times and vroom. Actually figured out who it was as I drove home from the shocked look when my olds rumbled past him. The no hood thing made this practice easy lol

Sounds like you got lucky that one time. If the thief had been a car guy he might have recognized the reason it wouldn't start was timing. He could have turned the distributor and drove away with your car, never to be seen again. I'm glad that's not what happened but you never know who's gonna be a thief.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
As far out of time as it was it didn't even sputter. Acted like it had a bad coil or something. And the distributor was tight enough I had to use both hands to turn it

Reactions: 1 user

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
I think a safer place is in the donut shop parking lot.
haha i think its pretty safe here, i keep it in the garage anyway because tree branches will fall on it and break stuff, recently a branch fell on my grandmas car and broke its windshield. but when im working on the regal i see so many cops come out and in of there.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor