Your car *WILL* get stolen!

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
powerhungry oxymoron said:
Then they cant take it on a lift (flatbed or otherwise) without dragging the rearend which makes enough noise to alert everyone for four blocks.

45 seconds with a flat bed I can have your car loaded up another minute to chain it down and i'm gone.

4 minutes with a wrecker and dollies

With either I could care less if your wheels are cranked to the curb. All the while looking professional doing so

the only way to avoid it is to be smarter then a thief and protect your car :D

http://youtu.be/lgo95tCGxjE

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
MetroRob said:
Then they cant take it on a lift (flatbed or otherwise) without dragging the rearend which makes enough noise to alert everyone for four blocks.

45 seconds with a flat bed I can have your car loaded up another minute to chain it down and i'm gone.

With either I could care less if your wheels are cranked to the curb. All the while looking professional doing so

MetroRob, any tips or suggestions on how to prevent/deter this kind of theft?

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
BPTTONE420012

I love the thought process behind your magic thinking 8) If they really want it. then they will GET it, but the trouble it is going to take while getting it is, going to cost them (most Likely) there freedom, possible life,, i kind of do the same thing as far as the gun thing, but mine are fake, but only i and my dog know it, i have a small plastic sign with a pic of a german shepard that say I'll keep you busy while my friend get's his gun

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
454muscle said:
MetroRob said:

There's absolutely nothing you can do to protect your car from a determined thief with a tow truck.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Blake442 said:
There's absolutely nothing you can do to protect your car from a determined thief with a tow truck.

that is why I have an alarm and just one simple kill switch to keep the amateurs at bay and insurance if a pro shows up. And for the guys with the guns don't pull them unless you intend on using them....and a fake gun can get you hurt....personally no car is worth a life, mine or theirs.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
the car isnt worth it, its the principle behind it... you dont **** with a mans automobile...

Attachments

• IMG_361006983159218.jpeg
    IMG_361006983159218.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_361182345311318.jpeg
    IMG_361182345311318.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 613

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess I have different priorities....shooting at targets is not the same as shooting at a person

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
454muscle said:
MetroRob said:

Park it in the garage ??? I mean seriously Cars are repo'd every day, Cars are towed for private parking every day.. and most people do the things that were suggested. I love my car but it's a thing, if someone wants it bad enough they will take it and not much I do aside from chaining it down to a anchor will stop them hmmm that might work lol... Pour a footing where you park and chain it down with
Ship-Anchor-Chains.jpg
:rofl:

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
lol @ chain it down... i could see it now, some punk tries to steal it, gets in, gets it started, pops her in gear, mashes the gas and the car goes nowhere... melts through the tires, leaves one hell of a smoke show... my buddy use to park over a sewer grate and ran a chain through his rim to the sewer grate, then he went out n bought a boot for his tire...

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
I had a car stolen by a guy with a tow truck about 10 yrs ago. I was awakened by noise outside my window around 3 in the morning and saw a white tow truck hooking up to my 1999 Chrysler LHS. By the time I got outside it was gone. I called the police, but they said there was nothing they could do about it. At the time I lived in a condominium, so the police said maybe I was parked on the parking space line, which warranted towing. Or maybe I was behind on payments, which I wasn't. They wanted to wait till morning to check some "tow database". Needless to say, by morning the car was found in a nearby business park. It was stripped of my 20" wheels, navigation, tv, stereo, etc. A tow truck is the ultimate stealing weapon. This same guy went on stealing with his tow truck for months(all over the news), until he was confronted by an owner with a gun. Unfortunately for the owner, the tow truck driver also had a gun and killed the owner. Now the tow truck driver is in jail for murder or manslaughter. Either way, karma is a b*tch and it came back on him, but at what price? A life for a material object, that CRAZY! That's what we pay insurance is for. I'm older now, but then who knows what I would have done if I would have caught him outside stealing my car, but lets just say it's a good thing that I didn't, or it could have been me on the news. Or him. Guess you don't think much in the heat of the moment.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor