Your first dream car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
What was your first dream car?

Mine was my uncles 1967 Camaro. I always wanted it, and my uncle always told my brothers and I one of us could have it one day if we wanted it. It was a 327 auto car, it had the copper-ish paint with black stripes and a black vinyl top. It sat in my Grandmas driveway since the mid 70's until about 2005. Through the years countless people would stop and make offers and my Grandma would always turn them down, offers up to $8,000. Then in '05 my uncle and his stepson show up with a tow truck and take it away. yep my uncle sold it. Not sure exactly how much, but my mom says something like $1500. Needless to say I was pissed. Supposedly the car is being "completely restored" but I doubt it, the guy probably tore it apart and is just letting it go to waste.

So what was you first dream car?

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Its a shame to let any car set. I was selling 67 G T O to go to college in 04 and my parents didn't want to c it leave the family. So it's just been sitting in a barn in the middle of nowhere ever since. If I knew that's what they were going to I would of sold it to some1 else. It needs restored, but it use to b mechanically sound . I drove it all the time.

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
I got off track and didn't answer the question. Orbit orange 70 GTO. There's a lot of cars I like, but that's the first. I always love those cars just out of my price range. It was the infmous stories of my dads red 70 factory 455 4 speed gto I heard about growing up that sparked that passion 2 b a gear head

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
My 4 dream cars.

Being born in '90, a lot of the cool cars I saw were in video games and the like.
My first ever dream car was a 1969 Corvette ZL1. I was really young and I thought Corvettes were awesome. I still have a big poster hanging over my bed all the way back from elementary school. It's a chart of tech specs for every Corvette from 1953 to 2000.

My second dream car was the '69 Dodge Charger. I was still pretty young and I thought that big black grille was cool. It reminded me of the intake to a jet engine. But there was only so many times I could watch that thing get wrecked as the General Lee and I couldn't do it anymore. :lol: I'm much more fond of '68s now.

I think my 3rd dream car was the 1970 Cutlass 442. I loved the styling. But with enough browsing on the internet, I found out that I loved the rare '70 Cutlass Supreme SX even more. :drool:
poole1.gif

http://www.442.com/vcs/1964_1972/poole.html

My 4th dream car would be a 1984 Monte Carlo SS. It was about Junior year in high school. In stock form it was very good looking, but I had it all planned out, man. I knew exactly how I wanted mine to look. Come to think of it, It was the first dream car I ever had that I had thought about modifying from stock.

Now though, I'm basically just focused on modifying the Regal I ended up with. :lol:
Honorable mention goes to the 1969 Buick Riviera. I would drive the crap out of one of those.

Attachments

• 100_3059-2.jpg
    100_3059-2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 786

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
tc1959 said:
I have always wanted one of these... 8)
Cut the roof off your El Camino and put some seats in the bed! :p
I can see where that sharp red paint job of yours comes from!

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
I bought my first dream car,,,,,,,,,,,,a 1967 Camaro SS convertible with a close ratio muncie 4-speed, 350/295 V-8, buckets/console, factory 8-track stereo tape player, no AC or power steering, and rallie wheels. I bought my second dream car too!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1963 Corvette coupe with a 4-speed, 327/340 V-8, leather interior, and a AM-FM radio.

Doug

Nov 4, 2012
My first dream car? A 1964 gto pillar car 389 tri- power with a factory 4 speed w/ console in midnight blue w/ dark blue interior.

A 56 pontiac Starchief 4 door in 2 tone teal and white would be next.

I'm a pontiac guy at heart. I just happen to also like g bodies.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
My first car was a 67 Chevelle BUT my first dream car was, is and always will be a 1970 Cuda. My first memories of going fast was in my dads 70 440 6pack Cuda. It is one of the three cars that I want to own in my lifetime. The other two are a 49-51 Merc, and a 61-64 Lincoln Continental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor