Your opinions on the Bondo Buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
To look correct, the entire Monte lower 1/4 should have been used. The wheel openings are different front to rear. Id say do the mechanics to the car while you learn on it to do the body work. Check the thread “ Rustier than I thought “ He said he didn’t know how to do body work when he started his build. He’s done an amazing job on his.
I appreciate the compliment Doug. Im just doing my best. I have an emotional attachment to my car like the OP. I think that helps with the PITA that is bodywork. I spent countless hours reading/watching the real body guys below before I touched the car.
I doubt I could do a better job than the shop that painted it in 2009, but I'll start doing some research and trying to learn about body work.
I used these build threads and more.

And Kevin Tetz. He has a series thru Eastwood on youtube. From stripping the car to the cut n buff.

Barry on spi is a wizard. Tons of knowledge on here too.

Reactions: 1 users

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
RabbitHoleSS thank you so much for those resources! I did a search for your thread but it didn't turn up before. I really appreciate the help!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor