Yr of build needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Customarily, model years changeover in July/August timeframe -- factories would have to shutdown to swap-over to new tooling for the new model year so a bunch of the workers would go on vacation, what better time than August. Exceptions are when screwy things happen during the year, such as ...
  • Mustang being revealed to the public in April 1964, hence '64-1/2 Mustangs
  • Officially, there are no '82 (or is it '83?) Corvettes, as the redesign to Gen-4 took longer than planned
Is this the Red River Street Rod Association in Shreveport-Bossier? That club's webpage has a show on April 7/8 and plain as day on the Registration page they have the "30 years or older" requirement -- though I don't know how long the webpage has said that. Without seeing their bylaws I wouldn't say they restrict membership to certain model years, but from the Member's Photos page on the site, it is interesting the only thing built after 1969 is a '81 Jeep

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
To the most recent reply from popeye1978 thanks, yes ur correct on the website I wrote the Pres he is asking for volunteers to work the show which I wouldn't mind but if I can't get the car in no way. But if u read the entry form it's limited to 1986 years bum fuzzled me.
Whatever the outcome I want to sat thx to all who answered, but still 1986 isn't that 31 yrs heck I don't no who figured that one but wait & see what the Pres says
Again thx
Gary

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
To the most recent reply from popeye1978 thanks, yes ur correct on the website I wrote the Pres he is asking for volunteers to work the show which I wouldn't mind but if I can't get the car in no way. But if u read the entry form it's limited to 1986 years bum fuzzled me.
Whatever the outcome I want to sat thx to all who answered, but still 1986 isn't that 31 yrs heck I don't no who figured that one but wait & see what the Pres says
Again thx
Gary
One of the most frustrating things about car shows is when all the awards are given to newer cars like mustangs, camaros, and challengers. So much for (classic) Car shows.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Bob can't thank u enuff very helpful to me. All original on car owned 24 yrs except engine had 350 modified has 85K on it bought in 93 with 45K on it. Just went to EFI it's a dream had blown the engine did a rebuild all new interior except crank & heads which are Eldebrock 202 aluminum heads with new Eldebrock intake. For some reason thank to the great God above dropped a valve, went thru got the lifter which exploded broke the cam got the piston & push rod. God was looking out for this fool no block damage crank damage or head damage so I gutted the 350 went all back thru it with all new stuff the HEI distributor went also beats me on that one. Expensive to rebuild but is right out the box this time again. Hope I didn't bore u stay warm up there am in Louisiana was 85 today
Can't thank u enuff!
Gary

Gary ,
Glad the information was useful! I also have in my "Collection" a 88 Super Sport which I purchased from the original owner when it had less than 24,000 miles on it. T-Top car with the only change being a replacement block due to 305's cracking across the lifter galley. Has 54,000 on it now and in time will receive the 355 that was in my El Camino years ago.
Talking cars and also believing the Big Guy Above watches us motor heads who break things just to make them go faster, does not bore me one bit!
50 Degrees today in what really has not been a bad winter for Buffalo But 85 sounds oh so nice!
Stay Cool!
Bob S.

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
Gary,
Your build date should be on one of the two decals in the drivers door. Provided the doors on your car are the ones it came down the assembly line with. The build plant can be determined in the VIN. Letter 'P' in the 11 position is Pontiac, Michigan while the letter 'R' is the Arlington, Texas assembly plant.
http://www.montecarloss.com/VIN.html
Hope this helps!

Bob S.
Gary,
Your build date should be on one of the two decals in the drivers door. Provided the doors on your car are the ones it came down the assembly line with. The build plant can be determined in the VIN. Letter 'P' in the 11 position is Pontiac, Michigan while the letter 'R' is the Arlington, Texas assembly plant.
http://www.montecarloss.com/VIN.html
Hope this helps!

Bob S.
Yes sir there is a P in the VIN a Pontiac build learn a lot here thx to all again

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor