Z28 Rims on a Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
z28zh1.jpg

^ Think a 15x7 style like that would look good on the Cutlass? If anyone has a pic of a g-body with them post it up.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
I did happen across this pic ... although it's not the best example of what the combination would look like HaHaHa....

wtfsnowvr5.png

One thing I hate is how "sunken" in the wheels look on a Cutlass though. I guess either spacers or custom made rims are the only thing to fix that.

canucksfan1

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2008
i have them on my cutlass, if u plan on going with the tires on from the camaro i would advise some 1/2" or so spacers, mine rub on the frame when making sharp turns or on bumpy roads anyway i don't know how to post pics but u can find it in this link http://gbodyforum.com/photos/displayima ... p-0-2.html
unfortunatly the pic kinda sucks i will get a better one with my g/fs cam (my cameras flash is busted and the pic was taking right before night)

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
Thanks man ... Those look pretty good on there. What size tire you running? I know that tirerack.com recomends a 215.60.15 for a 15x7 wheel.

canucksfan1

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2008
yeah i have 235/60r15tires on the rear and theyjust squeeze in with about 1/4 inch of clearance to the fram, but i am putting an 8.5 out of a 76 cutlass which is a little wider axle and will give me the tire clearance i need, and be a much stronger rear end (and it has better gears too) anyway like i said before i will get some better pics up tonight after work

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Yeah, the IROCs. :D the z28's look good for the money. Also look for some ZQ8's, those would look good on a Cutlass too IMO... try craigslist - lots of deals on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor