Zero visibility, so, drive faster?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I disagree. If you're driving and paying attention like you should be, you will SEE the fog and whiteout in front of you and you should know to immediately slow down.

Paying attention only helps you avoid piling into someone in front of you. Tell me how your extra skills is going to keep you from being rear ended.
In poor weather, a good vehicle, lights on and full attention is a minimum but some situations are unavoidable.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Tailor Swift's song, "I Knew You Were Trouble" conviniently played on the radio in that video.... no doubt refering to the whiteout condition. :LOL:

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Paying attention only helps you avoid piling into someone in front of you. Tell me how your extra skills is going to keep you from being rear ended.
In poor weather, a good vehicle, lights on and full attention is a minimum but some situations are unavoidable.

it won't prevent that but the fact that you can see it before you enter into zero visibility conditions...... and in that video you posted there are two obvious things; 1) dummy was going to fast for conditions, 2) idiots who did stop on the road didn't pull over to shoulder to get out of the way

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
FWIW, watching idiots out drive their sight and stopping distance is a daily occurrence. And not to be on these idiots side, but on 81 north of Scranton that occurs in good weather at 65 because of the road design. Now consider that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a speeding ticket from Frackville to Mountain Top on 81 because there is absolutely NO presence of police EVER!

Mix that in with elevation change of where this happened and you have the trifecta of terrible driving, no cops ever, and terrible weather - wow, what a surprise.

I sound pretty negative, but I hate driving this section of road. It’s bad enough to get to the plateau, but the ride down is ‘get the hell out of the hammer lane’ because the trucks will be coming at you at 80-85 and on you’re arse if you’re in the hammer lane running 75-80. Did I mention no cops in this area?
Gone that way many times. Know what you mean. Even construction season is s hazard on that road!

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Could've also gone with this one...
Haha, actually had been doing both. A buddy opened a pizza joint down there with some really good food, so I go down there plenty just not to drink hahaha
20210715_213658.jpg
20210919_184438.jpg
20211020_194820.jpg
20211205_165328.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Gone that way many times. Know what you mean. Even construction season is s hazard on that road!
I’m sure you know this, but in PA on that road at bottom of every hill there is a bridge and a corner. It drives me nuts in tractor trailer that’s loaded when the roads are crappy. Nothing like throwing it into corner just after a bridge that you don’t dare stab the brakes on.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor