Center Console Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Ok so in the next few days me and the wife will be venturing to the local "Pull-A-Part"- i have been considering the last day or two on fabbing up a custom console with cup holders and such but since i am going here i would like to know what center consoles out of other model cars you guys have used/customized to put in your G-body and the steps you took to make them work. Maybe some pics of final products too??? This is going into a 85 Monte SS, Thanks!!

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i know all the gbodys consoles will fit with minamal tweeking and you can also use some truck or suv center consoles if you mod them.

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Yeah thats what im looking for, where the console came from and what mods it entailed to make it work.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Only recommendation I'll make is don't get a cutlass one because no one makes any parts for it. Monte, GN & Regals seam to have much more replacement parts available. Things like the trim plates and appliques are actually sold brand new. Cutlass stuff is impossible to find but you can use GN appliques, but I want my woodgrain!!

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Really im looking for a console out of something newer/modern, i have a fair center console that just needs the lid and im sure i could fab something up for that part but i still wouldnt have cup holders/change tray etc etc, so more or less im not looking for a g body console, i should have specified.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Late 90's-2004 S10 Blazer/pickup will fit with very few mods. Grab the mounting brackets too.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Not really any newer than a g0body and it still doean't have cup holders but I used a 3rd gen f-body console.
100_0144.jpg

Had trim a lot off up by the dash, and put a little notch into the dash where the console meets it. Then made a custom plate to blend the dash to the console. You might want to look at 4th gen f-bodies, too. Also newer Grand Ams and Grand Prix.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The shifter looks like it's in the center of the transmission tunnel. The T5 shifter is a few inches left of center so I don't know how that console would work. I have a 4th gen center console that uses the handbrake handle and I'm going to be converting my parking brake so I can get rid of the pb pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor