1988 Cutlass - GNX Suspension Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Mine will do one but it hooks up right away, a little difficult to do in fact...
I was practicing on country roads for about a half hour to see what it was like in preparation for the drag strip.
I am suspecting this is because a GNX only has 360 ft-lbs of torque where the 455 I'm running is at 510 ft-lbs...

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Mike, does this system run about $2500? Is that with the GNX tailpipes? I wonder if they are gonna make any more...

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
88hurstolds said:
Mine will do one but it hooks up right away, a little difficult to do in fact...
I was practicing on country roads for about a half hour to see what it was like in preparation for the drag strip.
I am suspecting this is because a GNX only has 360 ft-lbs of torque where the 455 I'm running is at 510 ft-lbs...

If its $2500 it would be worth the money for the cool factor alone. Post some video if your car launching if you can Mike.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I was told they are not making them anymore, but who knows... it might be a marketing ploy.
The setup with tail pipes is $3k, $2695 for the rear suspension package and $300 for the tails.
I had nothing but issues with getting the bushings pressed, it's a tight fit and I suspect that the welding process has warped the bushing orifices, I am still waiting for replacement bushings so I can get them installed in the torque arm properly, right now they are backwards on a replacement arm I was sent.
Also, the RH frame bracket needs to be tailored a little...

I am going to see if I can getting to the track this Sunday, supposed to have ideal track conditions.
The past couple weeks have been bad weather.

I really need to get a pair of drag radials and adjustable shocks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor