Medina Ohio
Geez you guys run some big-*ss headers!

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
DoubleV said:
Geez you guys run some big-*ss headers!
Haha, Gotta let them big blocks breathe!

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Yeah but be carefull though! As I'm sure you're aware, headers work by scavenging the cylinders not by 'outflowing' manifolds. Go too big on the headers and they can't do their job of 'pulling' the exhaust gasses out and 'drawing in' a new intake charge ( though they will still 'outflow' manifolds I suppose ).

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
DoubleV said:
Yeah but be carefull though! As I'm sure you're aware, headers work by scavenging the cylinders not by 'outflowing' manifolds. Go too big on the headers and they can't do their job of 'pulling' the exhaust gasses out and 'drawing in' a new intake charge ( though they will still 'outflow' manifolds I suppose ).

Yea Im aware that. I think Ill be fine with 2.5" exhaust system tho. Time will tell I guess

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Go big or go home! :) I have the 2" kooks on my 455. I really like them but would prefer to have a set in stainless.

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
I agree about the stainless, Ill get them coated for sure once I get everything fitted the way I want it.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
06 dodge cr said:
Good point doublev. Ive already dropped the coin on the kooks tho. So Ill just work my way around those even if I have to fab up a new linkage to be able to use my factory shifter. I was just wanting to know from the guys who used these if the linkage cleared the collector I knew it would be a tight fit none the less. Its always something haha
I have the Kooks when Nick first did them. They are in my silver car with the 455. I didn't have any interference with the stock linkage. In fact, when I had the body off the frame I took pics of how nice it was to be able to use the stock column bowl linkage with the L-rods. Here is a pic:

In Park
header_fit_Park.jpg

In First
header_fit_First.jpg

If they are Nick's original Kooks headers, you will be fine. It's close, but all good.

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
They are nicks headers and thank you for the pics, thats exactly what I was looking for!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor