Malibu Wagon Restroation, Frame off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lookin' good, man. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to fill in the side marker lights. :?

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Im not filling them completely im putting in flush mount leds. They have a clear lens an light up red, they will be innthe factory location just smaller and more subtle

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
87 GN said:
Im not filling them completely im putting in flush mount leds. They have a clear lens an light up red, they will be innthe factory location just smaller and more subtle
Interesting. I'd like to see what they look like when you get a chance, or when you get them mounted. I'd also consider a different type of side marker..I'll have to peruse the junkyard to see what's out there. I too would like something more flush than the blase' stock lights.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I filled mine Jack. 87GN, do you have a pic of the flush mount LED's, would you care to share? I planned on doing the same, just farther back and smaller so they aren't so hokey looking. I have to update my thread also.

I can tell you your wagon had far more rot back there than mine though, at least you are getting it all cut out so it doesn't come back. :D

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
liquidh8 said:
I filled mine Jack. 87GN, do you have a pic of the flush mount LED's, would you care to share? I planned on doing the same, just farther back and smaller so they aren't so hokey looking. I have to update my thread also.

I can tell you your wagon had far more rot back there than mine though, at least you are getting it all cut out so it doesn't come back. :D
Hi Jim.
It's been a while, man. How have you been? Yeah, I'm still considering doing something with the rear side markers...they do look hokey,.I agree. I was looking at Ford Taurus side markers. They're not LED's..they look kinda cool, but they're oval, or football shaped. It may not go with the square lines of our wagons.

Those quarters do (did) look pretty rusty. Cutting them out and putting some fresh metal in there is the next best thing you could to do next to replacing the quarters. So far it's looking good.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Doing good, been wrapped up in family life. Weather hasn't really let me get too much done.

Maybe when 87GN gets it done I'll see it around.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Small update, lower quarters are in welded up, new flush mount LED marker lights cut in and quarters are in filler.

New fuel door is tacked in place, one piece to fill in yet
photo.jpg

gjwilson84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 20, 2012
It will be exciting to see it when the work is all done. Very impressive so far because in my opinion taking it all apart is sometimes the biggest job of all. Keep up the good work and make sure to take care of that family too. How's the new addition doing so far? Boy or a girl?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
87 GN said:
Small update, lower quarters are in welded up, new flush mount LED marker lights cut in and quarters are in filler.

New fuel door is tacked in place, one piece to fill in yet
photo.jpg
Is the fuel door just going to be smaller? Also, could we see what the LED side markers look like?
Looking good. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor