New aftermarket Cutlass Supreme Quarter Patch Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
I resent the fact that you think all Americans work ethic is dogshit. I worked my *ss off my entire life to have what i have.
I'll bet anyone else who was enough extra money these days to restore a car also worked hard for there money. Now i am really sad, i can't put lightning rods in my car.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I know I can rant a bit but I will also share a positive to all of this as well. We are a global economy. My job comes from getting parts, whether USA sourced or not. THe plastic used all comes from here. The cardboard comes from here. The primer on the parts is PPG. THe robotics used to run this stuff is USROBOTICS. There is much more than just "its all foreign stuff!" The area for opportunity for America to be able to jump back into manufacturing.....not just for the OEM is more people willing to take a chance and invest. Now with the government, and the taxes, this is also an issue in all it's own. We also have lost the ability to tool items effectively. It is actually easier for us to tool the items overseas, ship the tool back, and then find someone willing to run the tool. I have studied all this extensively for the past two years, and I see where our opportunities lie. If I have alot of disposable income I would definately be a turnkey parts manufacturer. You essentially have no competition in the USA. Right now is a PRIME time in the USA to start, you need someone with some reources to make it happen. As freight costs get higher, it will no longer be feasable to ship overseas and the cost of freights will make the cost of goods sold too high to compete. Now in the flip side the dock worker in the Port of LA will not have as much volume, but maybe he can pick up another well paying MFG or Logistics job for a greenfield startup company??? It's right there waiting for us, from underwear to baby dolls. I do not make any parts in China. Reason is poor quality and they are not able to engineer in the auto body and decorative items as well as Taiwan. I also support Taiwan due to them being a Democracy, yes....a Republic of China...but it's the best option at this point. China is getting smarter, they are starting to collect for higher wages, benefits, better working conditions....as they should. They watch and are able to get past the state control and see the rest of the world. They will continue to be educated and will find a way to become more "Americanized." As they do this, it will disrupt COGS, and then china will no longer be competitive. If you pay attention to the Chinese Currency and how they keep the value low???? Part of it is the reason I explain below. Their currency goes up, COGS goes up, they are no longer competitve in the world market. Like I said, it's there just waiting to happen.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
jociha said:
I resent the fact that you think all Americans work ethic is dogshit. I worked my *ss off my entire life to have what i have.
I'll bet anyone else who was enough extra money these days to restore a car also worked hard for there money. Now i am really sad, i can't put lightning rods in my car.

I want you to walk out to your car, if you have one that is a more current model. I want you to give me 10 items from it. I will come back and tell you where they are all made. I also want you to thumb through a Jegs magazine and I want you to give me 10 items that (do not advertized made in USA) and I will prove to you they are made elsewhere. Then I want you to walk into a NAPA store and buy their premium brands in rotating electrical (starters, alternators) as well as tools they sell on the wall. I bet you will be very surprised.

This is my molding manufacturer. Look closely....Not a more American brand lying on that table is there????? Those orange and black colors will sure give it away!!! I hope you dont have one of these brands of motorcycles, I'd hate for you to not buy anything for it or take items off of it, you'll have a hard time riding down the street on a frame with an engine wheels and tires, but hardly anything else.

Attachments

• DSCF5998.JPG
    DSCF5998.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 640
  • DSCF5999.JPG
    DSCF5999.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 628

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
jociha said:

Toby, I'm sorry, but I agree with this statement. Even if you believe all aspects of your statements (and I know there is some truth in there, maybe a bunch of truth in there), as a business, you need to leave those opinions out of it if you expect the same people you are basically calling lazy to buy from your company. Some call it lying, others call it public relations. All you had to say was, I'm sorry, we looked into that option, but we have not been able to locate a suitable manufacturer in the U.S at this time.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
67rstbkt said:
jociha said:

Toby, I'm sorry, but I agree with this statement. Even if you believe all aspects of your statements (and I know there is some truth in there, maybe a bunch of truth in there), as a business, you need to leave those opinions out of it if you expect the same people you are basically calling lazy to buy from your company. Some call it lying, others call it public relations. All you had to say was, I'm sorry, we looked into that option, but we have not been able to locate a suitable manufacturer in the U.S at this time.

Agreed, I will edit my posts. I wish to educate those on the facts, and get quite passionate because I have lived the experiences first hand and seen them first hand. People I have had travel with me come back after the trips with an entire different philosophy.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I agree with the idea of poor American "work" ethic. Agreeing with Toby, I'm not calling out anyone specifically. There are good, hard working people in this country. But those people are no longer the majority. I'm a young man and I don't know everything, but as a young man I can tell you what I see in my generation. I see high schools heavily encouraging us to go to college. I see everyone trying to be a doctor, lawyer, or businessman and I see an elitist attitude towards manual labor. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Do you wanna end up working in a factory for the rest of your life??" The kids that are willing to work their *ss off join the army. The kids that don't join the army still work their *ss off to stay ahead of college payments, but they do it at fast food joints and grocery stores. I don't know what happens after they get out of college or whether or not we do have those prestigious jobs waiting for us because we're not there yet. All I know is that everyone out there is looking to make it big for themselves and there is little to no sense of community. Out for themselves with little to no sense of community. As Americans, we need to get back our sense of community. If we're not all in this together then we're just a bunch of people living on the same continent pointing fingers at each other, waiting for some serious sh*t to go down.
Personally, I get a little worried about my future sometimes. All I want is a simple job that I can live off of, and I would like to keep my Buick on the road so I can enjoy it, take it to meets and races, and be part of something bigger than myself. Much like what being an American once meant when I was little. This afternoon I have a second interview at my local LKQ, unloading and loading trucks. And Toby, right now I don't care where you ultimately had to get these made. I would just be happy to get this job and maybe be able to ship brand new G-Body parts to enthusiasts like myself all over the country.

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
Wow. It amazes me how some of you are picking out his statements am flipping them. He did not call anyone in particular lazy. Why can't ppl just be happy that parts are being made. Who gives a sh*t where they are made. If it bothers some of you so much, then invest your time am money and make them here in the US. If your offended, too bad. Take your panties off and put your pants on. Good job at what your doing Toby. Most ppl complaining are gonna be the ones buying the parts cause they will have nowhere else to buy them.

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
I got myself a pair from Brian at Gbodyparts.com, great fit, exact match. Nice job with these, and thanks for making it happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor