project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
I have always loved and wanted the paint job that your car has I wonder how it would look on a 87 without the H/O badges how much did that paintjob cost?

I consider your car the most perfect looking Olds I've seen

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
YGspider said:
I have always loved and wanted the paint job that your car has I wonder how it would look on a 87 without the H/O badges how much did that paintjob cost?

I consider your car the most perfect looking Olds I've seen

Thanks. As far as the paint goes I probably have around $1500 in materials including primer, base, clear, and booth time. We used all BASF products. I am one of the main body guys at the shop I work at, so with the help from my other friend the labor was free, aside from a few pizzas here and there, but we worked on it during the summer after hours. So hard to say what a shop would charge for what we did to mine. Might be around $7000 or so for a complete color change and for the jambs. Painting on the strips and lettering was one of my custom touches.. I need to upload another picture showing how i made the strips go into the door jambs.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
that paint job is the real deal killer bro...just sick!! you have me looking for a hurst olds now that i'm the downside of finishing this regal up..great work.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
very niCE!!! great example of a "right way" to restore a hurst!!!! :wink: keep the progress shots coming!!!!

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
wow looking really good. i like how you did the wood finish on the interior and the subs and hids. im surprised that i havnt seen your build before. keep up the awesome work man!

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
im in car love lol, man i wish they made those filler pieces for the cutty, cause i damn who need some for my cutty

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
lg1200 said:
that paint job is the real deal killer bro...just sick!! you have me looking for a hurst olds now that i'm the downside of finishing this regal up..great work.

hey thanks:) I kinda wish I didn't sell my other one, It would have been nice to build that one also. What all have you done to your regal?

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
L.A.X-RATED said:
very niCE!!! great example of a "right way" to restore a hurst!!!! :wink: keep the progress shots coming!!!!

thank you:) I do plan on working on the trunk some this weekend if I can get my airbrushing project to a stopping point, I will be sure to post some pictures pretty soon.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
1979ratrod said:
wow looking really good. i like how you did the wood finish on the interior and the subs and hids. im surprised that i havnt seen your build before. keep up the awesome work man!

thank you. I was a little curious on what everyone was gonna say about the extras I put into the car.. I can't own a car that is stock/original with out putting some personal touches into it, I am sure you are the same way.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
Rasheerh said:
im in car love lol, man i wish they made those filler pieces for the cutty, cause i damn who need some for my cutty

I thought the same thing when I started building my car, it just look like it was missing something, there was even holes and stuff like they just forgot to include it. So when i made mine I used some of the holes that was in the radiator support to secure the fillers, had to drill a few other holes in the brackets that support the header panel for a few extra fasteners but not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor