Project first muscle build Skull wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
A set of spindles from a 98-02 2rwd blazer would be the perfect fit instead of those Astro spindles (maybe im wrong)..the blazer brake upgrade(spindle, caliper/bracket) is fairly known with the gbodies..you can even go with bigger brakes and wheel with that spindle as well..i just put them on my car and should be able to give feedback in a few weeks when my motor's back in..but these are the ones that everyone on this forum is using! ha!

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Thanks I will check that out. I was told that the 2000 Astro van spindles were the same as the blazer ones you are talking about. I was looking for a set of those and came across these 2000 astro van ones for dirt cheap. I am hoping I was not lied to. I dont take likly to that when I have too much in them now.

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
The tops of the tires are way out so I have lots of positive camber. That shaft will work the opposite way I need it to unless it could be flipped the opposite side to give more negative adjustment. Anyone tried that? I just dont know if the bump stops will stop it from adjusting as far as needed.

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Hell does anyone know if the Asto van rotors and brakes fit on the 2wd blazer spindles? My positive camber is in the red.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
A handy online tool is http://www.car-part.com

The database is driven by Hollander interchange...so it's about the easiest way to find out unless you have access to the Hollander books or complete database

A quick check showed no interchange for the 2000 RWD Astro/Safari, and the AWD Astro appeared to interchange with the 1500 series trucks. Your results may differ, but I'm thinking if you need that much shim, the knuckles are way wrong.

Likewise, all that came up for 2000 S Blazer was 98/02 Blazer/Jimmy

Doesn't look good for rotor interchange, either.

Calipers look to be same as Big car (B body) and Full size truck...which reminds me that some (all?) Astro/Safaris have the 5x5 bolt pattern rather than the 5x4.75 that G cars use.

Sorry

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
No thank you for all the info. That shows I have some really useless paperwaits. I will be getting my money back one way or another.

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Well got my car back today. They put new front end bushings, ball joints, new front tires, and an alignment. The stock spindles went back on. The place I got the Astro van spindle is getting me blazer spindles to fix their mistake and realigning it. Glad it all is coming together.

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
I got a lot done today. I scored a set of 99 blazer 2wd spindles complete for 90 bucks. I got them on bleed the brakes and almost bashed my head on the steering wheel it braked so much better on the test drive . I need to get my new mirror glass on. Now that the brakes actually work I need to fix the drivers side seatbelt. lol

I ordered in ss brake lines, copper poportioning valve, and 2 guage pillar pod from g body parts. Dont know if I will order from them again. Lady was short with me and didnt seem to want to help just cause I wanted to see if they gave a military discount.

So I was looking around and saw some things about a rear disk brake upgrade with stock parts. I dont want to make a mistake again what car can I get these from?

Also I was talking to a guy that was telling me about a 5.3 L chevy truck motor that holds good power. I have a 99 vortec 350 that I got for my truck I had awhile back, but want a drop in motor I can supercharge with a small shot of nitrous for cooling.

My front springs are bad and was looking at hotckis for my suspension mods. Pricey, but I have saw their results with a wagon with thier parts. I have so many options on suspension and dont know what to go with. I want it to handle like a vett and smoke the sh*t out of one. Just to say my wagon did it :)

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
I think my new plan might involve a 5.3L with my Garret GT3582R in the grill. I think no intercooler can be done with a 50 shot of nitrous. hmmmm :) **** finishing my Supra/Celica I think that my wagon needs boost!

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
So the pictures of my wagon that are long over due.
20121130_143147.jpg

20121130_143204.jpg

20121130_143213.jpg

20121130_143252.jpg

Just things waiting to be put on the car.
20121130_143336.jpg

20120504_125129.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor