Project first muscle build Skull wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Mystery_man said:
I got my Hochkis front sway bar in and put it on. Night and day difference I cant wait till I get the springs and rear sway on to see what the difference will be.

I had one of the sway bar bushing bolts rip out on the test drive, so tomorrow I will retap it. Nothing ever goes as planed.

I got the propotioning valve but waiting on the ss lines.

Sounds a lot like when I put my sway bar on. Bein' really satisfied until something breaks. :lol:

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Got the mount fixed today. Welded a nut in the frame, so no more issues for now. Also put new ceramic pads and rotors on.

Ya it was upsetting. It sucks when things break.

Edit: lol just relized I took this before I finish. It was the drivers side that pulled out the threads.

20121206_101959.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
For the stripped out sway bar holes,
I've also used expandable inserts. It works like a wall molly, only used for metal. Backing it up with a welded nut works well too.
I've done it both ways.

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you for the suggestion. I was going to do a timesert, but one of the techs at the shop suggested both of the ways you just said. I didnt know about those types. Kinda like a rivot with threads.

Ok I am trying to figure out what rack to put in the car now. I have told about the mustang 2 rack and saw the pinto one that TRZ offers. I won't pay 650 for a kit that I can make myself, but I do want to put a manual rack in this car. I just don't know what gear ratio to use or exactly how I want to place it. I was thinking about cutting the center out of the frame and using 4130 chrome moly to build a structure in its place with rack mounts. I will be researching more, but what has everyone used or suggestions. I like the opinions of others.

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Ive been in too much pain to work on the car lately, but had the shop put on a new propotioning valve and ss lines. Lol so glad I didnt do it. I would have been cussing for days. They had to replace almost all the fittings because they were welded on. Lol

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Well the wagon and I will be making a trip soon to go get its new heart. An LM7 from an 04 Yukon with 107k for about 500 to 650. I am hoping to talk him down to 500.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's good news! Keep us informed about the new transplant and further upgrades. Good price on the engine.
Take care of yourself, too. :wink:

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Longroof79 said:
That's good news! Keep us informed about the new transplant and further upgrades. Good price on the engine.
Take care of yourself, too. :wink:

Thanks

Happy holidays everyone!

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Are you keeping it fuel injected? If so I'm pretty sure that motor will be drive by wire.

I've done tons of research for when/if I do an LS swap, and it seems DBW can be tricky to hook up.

If you want I can give you a list of things I've compiled to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor