Recommendation: Electric Fans

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I'll second the vote on using factory fans. Mine are off an 88 Firebird, but the same fan was used on the 90's B-Body, Saturn's etc. In general, the factory fan's pull more air than the aftermarket fan's, as many of them are over rated. Look at the amp draw on the fan motor for an accurate comparison.

I also went with the CS130 alternator. again, a factory rated higher amp alternator, that eliminates the aftermarket hype of capacity.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
dixie restoration depot and mike's Monte's are a good source for g body specific parts such as that top plate and they have good customer service to back it up.ask anyone around here they treated people well.
forgot about that place , i’ve bought some stuff from them too

Reactions: 1 user

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
I'll second the vote on using factory fans. Mine are off an 88 Firebird, but the same fan was used on the 90's B-Body, Saturn's etc. In general, the factory fan's pull more air than the aftermarket fan's, as many of them are over rated. Look at the amp draw on the fan motor for an accurate comparison.

I also went with the CS130 alternator. again, a factory rated higher amp alternator, that eliminates the aftermarket hype of capacity.
im running an aftermarket alternator from Tuff Stuff (cs144), 2+ years and great.

Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Im not a chrome guy so I got the black one that everyone sells. I got it from Dixie Monte.

Attachments

• Fan15.jpg
    Fan15.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: 2 users

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
If I remember, the SPAL dual relay kit also included two oval connectors that were a perfect fit for the 2000 Camaro fan setup. To prevent an unexpected road failure of a fan motor, I replaced both efan motors before installation. One other factor to consider using stock parts is being able to find replacement motors; I found replacements online--again can't remember source.

As for the radiator top plate, those are also readily available from a variety of vendors in whatever finish fits your fancy.

20221203_161643.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
i ended up picking this up from ebay:
will the tabs bolt on to where the bottom shroud bolts currently are ?

i figure the hold down plate i was talking about in a previous post to support the top?

haven’t torn it down yet

Reactions: 1 user

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Check the dimensions and confirm lotta that stuff is generic and doesn't fit exactly like you'd expect, especially with the description that doesn't make sense. Contact the seller

Reactions: 1 users

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
looking at this kit , looks like the temp switch will be wired to the relay.

would i have to tap factory cable too so i can see the temp in dash?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor