Rocket header panel emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
There is some unauthorized stuff that pops up from time to time. It was probably ceast and desisted

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
So tobyp, what are the chances you end up producing some of these 'lay down flat' emblems and if so, what sort of rough time frame would we be looking at for something like this to be available?

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I was at Gbodyparts.com today looking at his 4 Hurst olds and wondered if we should make an emblem for the header that lies down like you are referring to. Now it would not necessarially be H/O it would need to be something else. The reason I see the need is for situations like you are asking about as well for those that run a cowl hood. It would look strange with a stand up emblem and a cowl hood. I just need opinions. Maybe just a rocket in black, red, anodized, etc.

If something is done along this line, could an option be made without the rocket. Maybe something a little more plain. I'm thinking of the 87's here. As you know there is already an Olds Rocket emblem between the grills on these cars. A rocket on the header and then right below it would look like overkill to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Hutch

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
DoubleV said:
So tobyp, what are the chances you end up producing some of these 'lay down flat' emblems and if so, what sort of rough time frame would we be looking at for something like this to be available?

I leave to go overseas in two weeks and we will know more then.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
tobyp said:
DoubleV said:

Wish some of these parts would be made HERE in the USA!...or even Canada! :)

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Evan's 85 said:
tobyp said:
DoubleV said:

Wish some of these parts would be made HERE in the USA!...or even Canada! :)

some are, they are the ones going for $200.00

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
DoubleV said:
oldsofb said:
A simple and low buck solution could be the same style header piece but with the ornament hole removed. Just a short flat piece that comes to a point that mimics the hood molding. Subtle, don't you think?
Hutch
I've seen those before on ebay years ago. Have no idea who made them, but they were there. I almost bought one but never did. Now I can't find them anywhere. I would prefer a 'rocket' emblem myself, but a cheapo bolt on 'hood ornament delete' piece would be a viable option too.

Pretty easy to make yourself. I made one for my car a few years ago...
I used the rear few inches of an extra hood molding I had laying around.
One the left is the front edge of the hood molding, and in the center is the rear edge of the hood molding.
You can see how the stamping wraps around like the stock hood ornament piece instead of just ending.
3895230063_large.jpg

3895230085_large.jpg

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Pretty easy to make yourself. I made one for my car a few years ago...
I used the rear few inches of an extra hood molding I had laying around.
One the left is the front edge of the hood molding, and in the center is the rear edge of the hood molding.
You can see how the stamping wraps around like the stock hood ornament piece instead of just ending.

On the 87 the front trim comes to a slight point. I plan to meld a rear section into the area where the ornament is at. Since I plan to paint it black, I should be able to hide it well.

Hutch

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I think on the 87-88 Blakes idea is the best option. After we get the hood moldings done we will get a couple fillers for the header done. In the meantime since I need to find an option very quick for those that run 81-86 style with a cowl hood we need a solution because we will not have center hood moldings on the hood. See pics of the prototype for the regal I received today. THe cutlass will look the same

So I propose I create a H/O licensed 15 anniversary as well as H/O. Then for a generic tone a rocket in red as well as one in gold with a black background as mentioned a few days before. This way all people will have an option.

Attachments

• IMG_20130401_144726_364.jpg
    IMG_20130401_144726_364.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_20130401_144752_383.jpg
    IMG_20130401_144752_383.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 799

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Hood looks good. If you need any good pics, etc of the original 83 & 84 H/O emblems, lmk. I have both. Have you considered the center dash h/o emblem? I have one from an '84.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor