Rocket header panel emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
tobyp said:
I think on the 87-88 Blakes idea is the best option. After we get the hood moldings done we will get a couple fillers for the header done. In the meantime since I need to find an option very quick for those that run 81-86 style with a cowl hood we need a solution because we will not have center hood moldings on the hood. See pics of the prototype for the regal I received today. THe cutlass will look the same.

What's the chances you could pop a W30 steel hood? Big money?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
xitabl442 said:
tobyp said:
I think on the 87-88 Blakes idea is the best option. After we get the hood moldings done we will get a couple fillers for the header done. In the meantime since I need to find an option very quick for those that run 81-86 style with a cowl hood we need a solution because we will not have center hood moldings on the hood. See pics of the prototype for the regal I received today. THe cutlass will look the same.

What's the chances you could pop a W30 steel hood? Big money?

Well the cost is really about the same as the regal we just developed. Where you run into issues if it doesnt sell. Then the MFG loses faith in us. Ill probably make it, just not for a little while. Id like to get the straight cutlass one out first. Then, if we do make it, we would need a trace sample or a damn good pic to convert into cad, then make it. I do this with all the truck hoods I make, like these three. THey came from CAD

Attachments

• DSCF6336.JPG
    DSCF6336.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 720
  • IMAG3438.jpg
    IMAG3438.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 704
  • DSCF5909.JPG
    DSCF5909.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 736

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Evan's 85 said:
Hood looks good. If you need any good pics, etc of the original 83 & 84 H/O emblems, lmk. I have both. Have you considered the center dash h/o emblem? I have one from an '84.

Yea, we would probably do all the good ones and get them properly licensed. I am meeting with the MFG which does most of the current emblems for all the current people supplying the ones for the older cars in the market in the next two weeks.

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
tobyp said:
Evan's 85 said:
Hood looks good. If you need any good pics, etc of the original 83 & 84 H/O emblems, lmk. I have both. Have you considered the center dash h/o emblem? I have one from an '84.

Yea, we would probably do all the good ones and get them properly licensed. I am meeting with the MFG which does most of the current emblems for all the current people supplying the ones for the older cars in the market in the next two weeks.

Toby, what are your connections and who do you work for? You make the hoods yourself?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
bugsyroo01 said:
tobyp said:
Evan's 85 said:

Toby, what are your connections and who do you work for? You make the hoods yourself?

I always told the admin that i wouldnt promote whom I work for so that is something I'd rather keep quiet. I design the hoods myself yes. I use a manufacturer with all the necessary tools to make the hood. Connections, world wide connections from OEM to Aftermarket

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Give me your thoughts!!

I would like the Gold Rocket with either 442, or Cutlass Supreme script on my cars.

Attachments

• cutlass emblems 2.JPG
    cutlass emblems 2.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 533
  • cutlass emblems.JPG
    cutlass emblems.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 527

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I was always picturing just a simple red rocket emblem with no script, but if you're planning on having different types for different models, that's pretty cool. I never considered ever being able to get a hold of one specifically for my type of car, so if those gold 442 ones were available, I would buy one right now. I would be just as happy with the generic 'Cutlass' one and/or the red 442 one as well. I have some friends who might be interested too. Hopefully this project is a go as I'm really wanting one yesterday!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
DoubleV said:
I was always picturing just a simple red rocket emblem with no script, but if you're planning on having different types for different models, that's pretty cool. I never considered ever being able to get a hold of one specifically for my type of car, so if those gold 442 ones were available, I would buy one right now. I would be just as happy with the generic 'Cutlass' one and/or the red 442 one as well. I have some friends who might be interested too. Hopefully this project is a go as I'm really wanting one yesterday!

Probably do a gold rocket with 442, cutlass supreme script as well as a red rocket with 442, cutlass supreme script at first. There will be 4 different models. Take a couple months to get it done. WIll need to get it licensed.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
So these are definitely going to be done? I will be getting one for sure. I will inform my G-body friends as well. Any idea of price?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
DoubleV said:
So these are definitely going to be done? I will be getting one for sure. I will inform my G-body friends as well. Any idea of price?

Definately will be done. WIll be visiting two factories that perform work for other restoration giants in the USA and will have answers on price after the initial evaluation next week. I can tell you just like everything that I have procured so far, the price will be attractive for all of us, not just the ones able to afford NOS priced items. The business of hundred(s) dollar priced trinkets is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor