Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I'm SO down with this! :D

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
some preliminary 3d shots.

Will be doing a gold version as well. The wording will be laser scripted and these will be a die cast item, not plastic.

Attachments

• Cutlass emblem 3D 05.jpg
    Cutlass emblem 3D 05.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 869
  • Cutlass emblem 3D 04.jpg
    Cutlass emblem 3D 04.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 857
  • Cutlass emblem 3D 02.jpg
    Cutlass emblem 3D 02.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 876

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Looks great. Can't wait!

Raven87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2009
Tennessee
DoubleV said:
I would prefer a 'rocket' emblem myself, but a cheapo bolt on 'hood ornament delete' piece would be a viable option too.

I made my ornament delete out of another hood molding, just marked it for length and cut it,then rolled the back edge so not to leave i gap u could see into.Mounted it with one of the hood spring clips i saved from the hood molding piece as it fit the same hole.......

Attachments

• ornament delete.jpg
    ornament delete.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 992

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Raven87 said:
DoubleV said:
I would prefer a 'rocket' emblem myself, but a cheapo bolt on 'hood ornament delete' piece would be a viable option too.

I made my ornament delete out of another hood molding, just marked it for length and cut it,then rolled the back edge so not to leave i gap u could see into.Mounted it with one of the hood spring clips i saved from the hood molding piece as it fit the same hole.......

When the new cowl hood comes out it will look funny with a piece of hood molding on the header only, and the cowl has no molding. Hence the reason for an emblem instead

Nov 4, 2012
It is really neat to see something go from an idea suggested by a forum member to a production item. I don't think that happens much anymore with companies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
joesregalproject said:
It is really neat to see something go from an idea suggested by a forum member to a production item. I don't think that happens much anymore with companies.

Thanks, yet some...ahem.....(88hurstolds) thank goodness is banned, would make one believe that I stold an idea for personal gain. To hell with his thoughts, it will be cool to offer it are my thoughts.

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
dang!!!!!!!!!!!!! this site just keeps me spending more and more money!!! I will be buying one for sure

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Will these hood emblems have a 'flat' backside and attach to the header panel via an adhesive back or will it be with a stud/nut like the factory ornaments?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
DoubleV said:
Will these hood emblems have a 'flat' backside and attach to the header panel via an adhesive back or will it be with a stud/nut like the factory ornaments?

We will contour the emblem to match the header. We are looking into the possibility of having the emblem recess into the header with a channel and a couple speed nuts to make it cleaner. We will do it right. May take a bit of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor