UPDATE '84 Regal Fan Clutch

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
That's not in the current buisness models being used. Lowest cost of material & labor will always be put before quality & longevity. To them you having to replace a part with their name on it will not be an issue to them as they will direct you towards the warranty, either if it's within the noted time frame which will be the installer honor it but charge the current labor rate or being out where it'll be suggested to purchase another one of their "fine" replacement products. Odds are they don't have any hands in the manufacturing as they have others make the parts. Most companies us the same manufacturing suppliers. Notice how there not really any parts with AC/Delco cast/molded/stamped on those parts. Even other brands really don't bother either. The days of them wanting to put out parts that last like most of our OE parts have done is gone. Even that pride of something saying "Made In USA" won't come back, they'll say "Manufactured in USA With Globally Sourced Materials" is good enough. We as owners of older/classic cars & truck are not their target consumer anymore.
UPDATE - New Hayden fan clutch is installed. Had to clean the viscous silicone oil best I could with acetone off the fan shroud, pulleys, etc. I also washed the fan blades with detergent and spray nine and the fan is perfectly clean now. Hayden supplied 4 new lock washers too. I torqued the 4 fan blade bolts to 150 inch lbs. My 1950's Snap-on in./lb torque wrench only went to 150 lbs. Close enough to the 168 inch lbs. required. That was converted from 14 foot lbs. Sent the formal letter to ACDelco along with receipts for the window regulators. We'll see what they say.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor