+12v with key on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
On the diagram I have the #2 fuse only powers the electric choke there is nothing else on the circuit.
ELCAM you are exactly correct. #2 fuse powers the brown wire. And i replaced the 20a fuse with a 5a per your suggestion

One other thing. This car is new to me, i brought it home last november, pulled it in the garage, and stripped it. So i do not know any of its "personality traits" ...

Fast forward to today and Running gear swap is almost 100% complete and last night was the first time i set the battery in it. I was expecting a buzzer and some dash lights, but nothing... oh well like i said i dont know the car.

Anyways tonight when checking that fuse i toggled the key several times and in doing so activated the buzzer and also GEN light which was from wiggling the key/ignition.

My question is, is this normal for these cars (loose/worn out ignition cylinder causing these dashboard symptoms)?? I know GM is known for weak ignition cylinders, not sure if it applies here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor