1959 Chevy dump truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
very cool truck with an equally cool back story! there is something about it that draws you in!

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sounds like a healthy 283 in there. Cool video.

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
It's definitely been patched over the years, but the frame is super solid and everything works, except the speedometer, so yeah I agree. Are you still in MA?

Yes, been in Waltham for awhile. I drive a silver 78 Olds, with a blue landau top; however getting it restored back to GM silver with the correct silver landau top.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Well I've been driving it around for a bit since the winter has thawed, making improvements here and there. I found an original oil bath air cleaner at a swap meet, and after installing it, I've noticed a huge power gain! It most certainly runs way better as I'm now able to accelerate up a hill that I previously could barely make it up. It completes the stock-looking engine bay as well

a7gET22.jpg

Unfortunately, I completely blew out the brake master cylinder :(. I guess it had been slowly leaking and finally just went belly up while i was driving. I ordered a re manufactured one for $80 and it should be in any day now.

I also need two new inner tubes (one of the valve stems sheared off when i tried to do a burnout, lol). Luckily I found an old-timer who is willing to work on the old school split rims.

Decided to take the wheels off today and marveled at the sheer size of the brake drums:

UOuDZ34.jpg
UhsjcSi.jpg

Thank god the lug nuts came off easily.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor