BUICK 1964 Skylark Coupe Project

Nov 4, 2012
The fit and finish on the passenger side actually looks really good by 60s GM standards.
The door gaps are excellent and they open and close really nice. The decklid did as well before I pulled it. The whole front clip was mostly just mocked in place when I got it and that front fender is just sitting on there with 2 bolts but I'm confident I'll be able to get it all tight. I plan to mock everything up as many times as necessary to get everything as straight as possible.

Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
Warmed up today and I had some time so I did some small stuff with the car. I threw the decklid back on to make some space in the garage and keep it from getting damaged until I'm ready to play with it more.
20231130_150526.jpg

Lifted the back up and hacked off the rusted tail pipe that was dragging on the ground.
20231130_150455.jpg

Removed all the clips from around the windshield.
20231130_150700.jpg

Pulled all the bolts out of the driver's side fender so I can easily pull it off. Now I can have both fenders off in a just a couple minutes. I should pull the grille and front bumper but I'll mess with that later.

Finally I spent most of my time pulling everything out of the dash. Gauges, radio, HVAC components, insulation, wiring, glove box, etc. The wiring is all needs to be replaced. The AC stuff... we'll see. There are a lot of components and they all need work.
20231130_171102.jpg

You really have to admire the care and precision that went into cutting the holes for the A/C vents-
20231130_141043.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
It looks like they used one of these to make that hole... while suffering from the brown bottle flu.
shopping.jpeg

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Warmed up today and I had some time so I did some small stuff with the car. I threw the decklid back on to make some space in the garage and keep it from getting damaged until I'm ready to play with it more.
View attachment 231685
Lifted the back up and hacked off the rusted tail pipe that was dragging on the ground.
View attachment 231687
Removed all the clips from around the windshield.
View attachment 231683
Pulled all the bolts out of the driver's side fender so I can easily pull it off. Now I can have both fenders off in a just a couple minutes. I should pull the grille and front bumper but I'll mess with that later.

Finally I spent most of my time pulling everything out of the dash. Gauges, radio, HVAC components, insulation, wiring, glove box, etc. The wiring is all needs to be replaced. The AC stuff... we'll see. There are a lot of components and they all need work.
View attachment 231684
You really have to admire the care and precision that went into cutting the holes for the A/C vents-
View attachment 231686

Any chance it wasn't a factory a/c they swapped in to make it one?

Then again, from an era they shipped new cars like this....

Screenshot_20231201_130524_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Any chance it wasn't a factory a/c they swapped in to make it one?

Then again, from an era they shipped new cars like this....

View attachment 231747

I watched a video on that, pretty cool but likely a wash when it was all said and done.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor