1978 Cutlass Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
hey guys, thanks! it was a great score, i couldn't pass it up especially with the frame being solid!.. and i also like Chevy's this is my first car, and my first project lol.. i am also a big fan of the Monte SS!... but the cutlass got the exhaust done, sounds great changing out the front springs cuz the thing rides like a tank, and th front sprint just make the car bounce, this is not much play in them at all! not good!.. and my rear end has a "howl" sound to it, my dad and i think its one of the bearings inside, cuz when we drove it home from where we got it, there was no iol in the rear end :shock: so thats the next thing on the list rear end and front springs, car chirps nicely going into second :D

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
Hey everyone, i havnt been on in awhile do to working alot, and working on the cutlass... but i have some pics of it!! and whens been done, finally got the interior all back together.. i decided to go with a black rug, instead of the tan.. just to give it a mix, and i think it looks pretty good, got the exhaust done, straight pipes, true duel, new carb on it, runs great!... what do you guys think?.. here are some pics.. its still a working progress!

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0379-1.jpg

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
This project is coming along very nicely! Good work for your age, you should be proud. I know my 18 year old son is footing the bill and most of the work on pretty much the whole build on his 81 Malibu. I like the pic of the car coming down the road head on to the camera. Keep up the good work.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I know shipping would be killer but I just got ahold of a stock aluminum hood for one of these.
Even is the same color.
PM me if interested.

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
O. D. Showtime said:
This project is coming along very nicely! Good work for your age, you should be proud. I know my 18 year old son is footing the bill and most of the work on pretty much the whole build on his 81 Malibu. I like the pic of the car coming down the road head on to the camera. Keep up the good work.

Thanks i appriciate it!.. still a working progress

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
hey guys, i havnt been on much.. but here are some pics of the cutlass, as you all know i crashed it and messed up the 2 fenders, header panel and the bumper... i found a front bumper and i got a header panel off a 79 cutlass.... the fenders were messed yup, the passenger side fender was ripped i had to undent and weld it up... and the drivers side was dented and twisted.. here are some pics of when i crashed it

l_077efedab2f34237a62716579fc6567b.jpg

l_36d00f79b04e47808954ceef3f316a7b.jpg

l_953b9f86507a4182bd594eda671a180d.jpg

l_efdc36a68981405ca96f2eb27ce15ba8.jpg

here are some pics of it now,

cid__1201091546.jpg

cid__1203091548.jpg

cid__downsized_1204091454.jpg

cid__1203092109.jpg

its temp the front end, i'm still in need of a header panel off a 78 cutlass, and 2 front fenders the ones i undented i used quite a bit of bondo on just to get it to look good... but these are temp. till i get a new header panel and fenders.. once i get the new parts i'm going to get the car painted.. but i figured i would ltu all know its back on the road.. and not just sitting lol

teambop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Good job on the repairs man. Keep it up maybe I'll see you on the hot rod power tour in the future!!

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
teambop said:
Good job on the repairs man. Keep it up maybe I'll see you on the hot rod power tour in the future!!

hey thanks guy! still gotta lot of work to do, but its slowly making progress!

johnny79

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2009
DC
Re:

lightemup2 said:

Looks like you did a true dual without getting the double hump transmission crossmember. How's that working out? How much HP gain do you think you got out of the exhaust?

Nice work. I like the '78 tail lights over the '79. they have the rocket logo in the middle.. nice... :wink:

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
Re: Re:

johnny79 said:
lightemup2 said:

Looks like you did a true dual without getting the double hump transmission crossmember. How's that working out? How much HP gain do you think you got out of the exhaust?

Nice work. I like the '78 tail lights over the '79. they have the rocket logo in the middle.. nice... :wink:

yea did the true dual, the crossmember is accually notched out,just cant see it in the pic, and i'm not to sure how much HP i gained.. i have no clue how much hp my car has lol i wanna get it dyno tested..i like the 78 tail lights too, only year they put the logo in the middle of the tail light 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor