1978 Cutlass Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnoPro said:
Thanks!The wheels i picked up cheap, and just had to buy newer backtires, was like 285/65/15s on there before i thinkk Rubbed quit a bit. Its got an olds rocket 350, brand new holly 4 barrel. Other then that just minor stuff atm all the basics. New plugs/plug wires and a newer dist. I Picked up a pair of hooker headers im going to stuff in there this spring, and by that time im sure all have picked up a new edlebrock intake. After thats all squared away, new suspension parts hopefully >.>

nice dude keep it up!! yea i want to put tubular controle arms in the rear to prevent my wheel hop.. and i need a 78 header panel, i have a 79 on there cuz i crashed it... to the 79 is temp. till i find a 78 again,

SnoPro said:
dscn6304.jpg

Holy rare interior combo Batman!
Got any more pictures of those rare factory Legend/Dillion seat covers?
(I forgot the package name but they had some funky designs in 78-80)

The options manual I have here shows only the Broughams having the special S4/3C Trim level with this style of seats.
The manual be wrong but a Calais could have been special ordered with this option.
Does the first 4 digits of your VIN have a 3K47 or 3M47?
Regardless very nice car 8)

Lemme go snap a few pics, and all update once i get them up

Edit: The interior i beleive was previously black, but has fadded to blue as u can see in some of the pics, still in great condition tho.

Does the first 4 digits of your VIN have a 3K47 or 3M47?
So correct! First 4 are 3M47!

dscf1006w.jpg

dscf1007s.jpg

dscf1008r.jpg

dscf1009.jpg

dscf1010.jpg

lightemup2 said:
SnoPro said:
Thanks!The wheels i picked up cheap, and just had to buy newer backtires, was like 285/65/15s on there before i thinkk Rubbed quit a bit. Its got an olds rocket 350, brand new holly 4 barrel. Other then that just minor stuff atm all the basics. New plugs/plug wires and a newer dist. I Picked up a pair of hooker headers im going to stuff in there this spring, and by that time im sure all have picked up a new edlebrock intake. After thats all squared away, new suspension parts hopefully >.>

nice dude keep it up!! yea i want to put tubular controle arms in the rear to prevent my wheel hop.. and i need a 78 header panel, i have a 79 on there cuz i crashed it... to the 79 is temp. till i find a 78 again,

Thanks, keep your project going and keep me updated! Im 17 also, so moneys coming in here and there, lost alot of hours at work, so its going to be a slow build...

Hey guys, i havnt been on this in awhile but figured i'd sign on check everything out, and share whats going on with my cutty, lets talk about the new problems with the cutty, car over heats, stearing colume is really loose, the rear end is about to go, still needs paint, a 78 header panel, and some finishing body work,.. but other then that its still drives awesome and still turns heads lol, last i was on was when i was talking about the accident i got into, well i fixed the fenders i wrecked with alot of hammering, and bondo, i recently picked up 2 front fenders in mint condition for free, score!! :banana: lol, some guy had then in his shed, and said i could have them if i wanted, i offered him a few bucks for it, but all he said was if u have use for them then take them cuz they r just taking up space here.. so once i find 78 headerpanel i can start redoing the front end,.. but plans for the car are, new exhaust system gunna go with the 3", gunna drop the front of my car slightly, give it that nice tilt, and put a new rear end with 3:42's or 3:73's, thinking about painting it black but i dont know yet, anyone have any pait idea's that would look good? i got the tan interior with black carpet, and soon going to put in a black headliner,.. i tinted the windows, and put a flip up touch screen dvd player in, here are some pics of my car that have been recently taken, and more will be posted soon!

just gave it a quick bath lol
0703001338.jpg

0703001338a.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Man that looks great so far......... That dash looks pretty much new..I know a guy that deals with olds cutlass cars. I will see if he has a '78 header panel laying around..We live in Livonia NY 14487 so I don't think the shipping would be too bad , that's if he has one. I'll check with him and let ya know.

JBreu said:
Man that looks great so far......... That dash looks pretty much new..I know a guy that deals with olds cutlass cars. I will see if he has a '78 header panel laying around..We live in Livonia NY 14487 so I don't think the shipping would be too bad , that's if he has one. I'll check with him and let ya know.

Thanks man, the dash is really solid no cracks in it at all, and if u could find that out that would be great! i've been searching high and low for one around here but cant find any lol, found a hand ful of 79's but no 78's.. but yea if u could find out for me that would be great, thanks again! much apreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor