1978 Cutlass Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a pic i took today, put the other rims on, the chrome and black ones look so much nicer on the car... but then it snowed! :shock:

cid__1209091526.jpg

Something about a black Cutty! :mrgreen:

SnoPro said:
Yeah, that looks fuking mean. Makes me want to repaint mine black. Maybe even some nice black wheels, dunno yet >< I

thanks man!!! its accually gray primer that got really wet and made it look black haha lol :wink: .... is that yellow one yours? cuz that looks pretty nasty dude! post some more pics up

Wow the car has come a long way, looks great!
Have you thought about getting a cheep winter beater to save it from the salt and any mishaps that come with rear wheel drive and slick conditions 🙂
I just got a 95 Lumina for $100 to save my car from the salt and any jackass from smashing into me... my bro blew up the engine and I found a virtually new engine with 10,000 miles on it from a wrecked 95 Monte Carlo for $135 from a buddy.
You can probably find something decent now-a-days for $600 is my guess...

lightemup2 said:
SnoPro said:
Yeah, that looks fuking mean. Makes me want to repaint mine black. Maybe even some nice black wheels, dunno yet >< I

thanks man!!! its accually gray primer that got really wet and made it look black haha lol :wink: .... is that yellow one yours? cuz that looks pretty nasty dude! post some more pics up

haha nice!Keep it wet at all times! Yeah the yellow ones mine, it was painted before i bought it, I like it but all probably repaint it, well see. Heres a few more pics, ive been just doing engine work, and hopefully a new trans soon. Interior is in great shape!

dscf1003rr.jpg

dscf1005j.jpg

dscn6302b.jpg

dscn6304.jpg

88hurstolds said:
Wow the car has come a long way, looks great!
Have you thought about getting a cheep winter beater to save it from the salt and any mishaps that come with rear wheel drive and slick conditions 🙂
I just got a 95 Lumina for $100 to save my car from the salt and any jackass from smashing into me... my bro blew up the engine and I found a virtually new engine with 10,000 miles on it from a wrecked 95 Monte Carlo for $135 from a buddy.
You can probably find something decent now-a-days for $600 is my guess...

thanks!! still working on it, cant find a 78 header panel anywhere!!!! lol., i'm trying my best to keep it away from the salt and stuff but its hard when u dont have a garage or that much $$ to rent storage.. i got a car cover on it.. but i've been looking for a winter beater like a small truck or suv with 4 wheel drive found a few but need work

SnoPro said:
lightemup2 said:
SnoPro said:

haha nice!Keep it wet at all times! Yeah the yellow ones mine, it was painted before i bought it, I like it but all probably repaint it, well see. Heres a few more pics, ive been just doing engine work, and hopefully a new trans soon. Interior is in great shape!

your car looks awesome!! whats ir got for a motor? i like the paint job its different i dont think i've ever seen a cutlass that year with racing stripes mostly just 2 tone, and those rims look sharp! 😀

Thanks!The wheels i picked up cheap, and just had to buy newer backtires, was like 285/65/15s on there before i thinkk Rubbed quit a bit. Its got an olds rocket 350, brand new holly 4 barrel. Other then that just minor stuff atm all the basics. New plugs/plug wires and a newer dist. I Picked up a pair of hooker headers im going to stuff in there this spring, and by that time im sure all have picked up a new edlebrock intake. After thats all squared away, new suspension parts hopefully >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor