1978 Malibu Project, 4th times a charm

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Wraith, Happy anniversary 5yrs. ago today you joined this form . :cool: Looking forward to you're post.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You have an LS swap right? Do you need to prime your engine? This setup works great....
https://mdrtuning.com/en/product/x-prime-standard-ls1-ls2-ls3-ls6-ls7-oil-pump-primer
You don't need any of the extra stuff they are shilling. When I swapped the cam in my 5.3 in my DD and sh*t-canned the DoD lifters for LS7 lifters, I made the mistake of not priming the engine. I cranked the engine over with no spark plugs until I was blue in the face and it showed plenty of oil pressure. When I got the engine cranked up I had a lifter ticking and I thought it would never pump up. It was so bad that I got upset enough to consider selling the truck and move on. Thankfully it pumped up and is ok 80k miles later. When we did the LS swap in my brother's 78 Z28, we used the tool from the link above and it was great. Hope this is helpful. Keep up the good work. I love your build.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Nice progress good to see your still on it

I have to get with the program, it needs to be in paint by no later than May. While we were working yesterday we decided on the direction of the build including paint color/s and wheels/tires. I'm keeping it under wraps for now but it should stand out in a crowd. I am hoping to make the September Goodguys Lone Star Nationals with a running and driving albeit threadbare interior car.

Plus I also may have another project car incoming so that's happening.

Reactions: 3 users

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Looks good, its going to be a nice car . Looking forward to you're next post. :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor