1978 Malibu Project, 4th times a charm

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Back at it with the lid and some primer. I had to strip back the seam sealer as it was lifting in a few spots with some surface rust underneath so it all came off, then Ospho along the seam, then broke out the sandblaster for some stubborn pits.

And we rolled it all outside for a coat of primer along with the inner fender from the truck

And all tucked back in for the night

Unfortunately the Harbor Freight spray gun decided it didn't want to cooperate but we did get at least a protective layer shot and I can seam seal the trunk before we work the couple dings out of it.
Amazing work, as we get used to. Please continue the fine quality..........(y):giggle:
I´m really surprised for the result

Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Two days to seam seal the trunk lid, I wanted to use up my spare self leveling epoxy. Day one was the flat part, day two was the angled part. Yup, at least watching epoxy dry is fast.

Reactions: 6 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
A little at a time. I needed to bolt on the front clip so we can start work on the front fenders tomorrow, didn't need the inner fenders but I did even up an area on the passenger side that was chipped/cracked.

Reactions: 9 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I really enjoy this thread. That's going to be a hell of a nice car.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
It's time you got off your dead *ss and posted some progress. You've kept us waiting 2x weeks. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor