1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
nice...those look way better than the irocs...still not enough meat on those wheels but yall are from Cali :mrgreen:

I was looking at these same wheels but in 15x8 in the back and 15x7 up front..

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
Oooooowwwwwweeeeee that thang CLEAN...... THIS IS MOTIVATION ALL THE WAY IN CORNY *ss OHIO

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
:mrgreen: Thanks guys!! i really love how they sit and how it flows with the ride, thanks for all da kind words... :wink:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Came out so clean bruh!!! 8)

Elco Warren
80z :twisted:

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I've been following this car since you sold your el and bought this. Its crazy to me that you put an entire car together while mine has been sitting torn apart. The malibu looks really good. I love the color choice and wheels. I'm not a big wheel fan but those look perfect with that paint and stance. I might be a convert. Again, just a very nice job putting everything together.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Dave V said:
when u have a big budget like saint does anything can happen :rofl: lol Saint game over the tummy tuck is just awsome cant wait to see it in person.

thanks guys for alllll the wonderful comments u left!!! man it make me feel good..

Dave:

:rofl: sh*t i consider myself a Baller With A Budget!!! man when i work on these cars i got to move fast, spend da $$ fast and make it work... all my part hustle and other investments make thing happen.. thanks to da lord..

cpl more things to do before i can show up to a show... stay tuned

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
ok guys we have some problems with this gilmer pilley set up... so at my bro in law shop today, i had an intake leak at the carb, so he re tapped that And no more gas smelling or no more are sucking air sounds... but the belt fell off when i was pullin out to test drive.. fell on da floor, so we tighten belt to spec and all was good, i get home to see that the belt was like 1" not 1" 1/2 n e more :rofl: ... i guess the belt grinds up on da alternator pulley and eats up the belt, that was the talk at the shop to put washer to move alternator out about 1/2 in to line it up, but the gilmer pulley set up pushes the belt to the rim of the alternator pulley so that it wont fall off... this is so confusing, i will try some washers, and get a new belt to see if it solve da problem, but i think thats why so many people dont use this set up becuase of that, this is for sb and bb engines, oh well i still have the stock pulleys to bring i back to stock, but man it looks so koo :mrgreen: everything lines up good.. chime in guys

6600205e.jpg

tore da belt up!! haahha
a6873345.jpg

f3146ea0.jpg

47b6470c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor