1979 cutlass build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You have the billet foward shaft/drum, deep pan/bottom feed filter, extra clutches, bigger servo and boost valves, should do the trick.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
You have the billet foward shaft/drum, deep pan/bottom feed filter, extra clutches, bigger servo and boost valves, should do the trick.
Yup :) it was the first automotive transmission I rebuilt but it wasn't to bad to do I think in the beginning of this thread I have some pics of what I did if I stay home from work tomorrow I'll see if I have anymore pics on my old phone to share honestly I had more fun making my trans fixture I think there's pics of that also

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I know line pressure and proper clearance in the clutch packs are two big keys to having these trans live. I haven't had the guts to go that far into the 2004R but may do it in the future. Good stuff to take on one of the harder transmissions right out of the box.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I know line pressure and proper clearance in the clutch packs are two big keys to having these trans live. I haven't had the guts to go that far into the 2004R but may do it in the future. Good stuff to take on one of the harder transmissions right out of the box.
Those two areas are critical in all transmissions automotive or off-road equipment but especially critical on this trans because of the size of the parts and the 4 to 5 times more torque we're trying to put through it! I think you can handle doing one for your car no problem just plan with whoever you buy parts from keep it clean and organized and follow the torque specs

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0249.JPG IMG_0250.JPG Made huge progress today started, backed out under its own power and idled around the yard the brakes work and it seems to go in all gears but I found out I dislike the lightning rods I may get a set of the kilduff ones

Attachments

• IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 161
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I heard Mondello was the guy to talk to. I'm about to go back into my Olds 350 Rocket. Any advice or direction?
Bernard mondello is great guy that's who I would deal with for parts and advise his company Name Bernard mondello racing enterprises not to be confused with the other mondello so make sure your talking to the right one

Reactions: 1 user

Tomgto642017

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2017
Looking great so far..hopefully ready to roar the streets this summer.. I got my first 78 cutlass at Christmas time and can't wait for the warm weather to hit in Wisconsin! Anyway what about body and paint? Was it already done so you just left it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor