1979 cutlass build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
Great thread!!! I'm builing a 78 Monte with the carmine interior. What does "sem" mean and where do I guy that for when we do our interior re-spray? ...

Hutch, any new videos on your build? I'll start my thread soon. These have all been great- thanks guys
SEM is a brand of paint its called color coat and its very flexible and thin so you can spray it on plastic,vinyl... it can be mixed in custom colors or there is an off the shelf selection. I bought mine from wyrick auto body supply in zeeland Michigan it a local supply store and they mix it up right there you can have it put in a spray can but I prefer my spray gun because I can control how its applied the trick is make sure the parts are super clean or it will fish eye I know I saw carmine red on the color chart so I'm sure you can get some

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I should have known it was SEM. Thanks. Who did you get the seat covers from if you don't mind me asking.

I'm actually thinking of going old school on my next daily driver. 78 Calais w/ White ext and Carmine Red int and all new drive train. I'm getting tired of 3 and 4 computers and trouble codes etc. I want simple and fun. Keep up the posts. Loving it.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I should have known it was SEM. Thanks. Who did you get the seat covers from if you don't mind me asking.

I'm actually thinking of going old school on my next daily driver. 78 Calais w/ White ext and Carmine Red int and all new drive train. I'm getting tired of 3 and 4 computers and trouble codes etc. I want simple and fun. Keep up the posts. Loving it.
I had a guy that lives near me recover them he was able to locate the original material and they don't give that stuff away lol but compared to cover sets I've seen online it wasn't to bad a price

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
SEM is a brand of paint its called color coat and its very flexible and thin so you can spray it on plastic,vinyl... it can be mixed in custom colors or there is an off the shelf selection. I bought mine from wyrick auto body supply in zeeland Michigan it a local supply store and they mix it up right there you can have it put in a spray can but I prefer my spray gun because I can control how its applied the trick is make sure the parts are super clean or it will fish eye I know I saw carmine red on the color chart so I'm sure you can get some
I'm interested in getting some of that carmine red interior paint for my sons project car. did you bring in a color sample or were they able to take a ditzier number to mix up the color? sometimes they will put the formula on the side of the can in case you want to buy more to match.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I'm interested in getting some of that carmine red interior paint for my sons project car. did you bring in a color sample or were they able to take a ditzier number to mix up the color? sometimes they will put the formula on the side of the can in case you want to buy more to match.
I just went to my local body supply with the interior code that's on the tag on the cowl [mine is 74d dark carmine red] they could not cross that number but they had a book of color chips so i brought in non sun damaged piece and we picked the closest match witch was dark carmine red go figure lol next time im painting ill snap a photo of the can and label

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
IMG_2114.JPG IMG_2115.JPG
couple pics of the dash I haven't ben able to post lately because of a computer issue I lost all my pics, all 2 years worth:mad: so im assembling it from memory now I detailed the lettering,vents and surrounds with a paint pen I got a the grocery store worked good, some of the panels need to be replaced but I can live with it for now

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
thank you. any help with numbers and info is much appreciated.

sorry to hear about the loss of pics. i hope enough pics are on this web site to help you. if not, let us know what help you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor