1979 El Camino Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
i hope you don't mind but i think i might have to steal that gauge cluster idea, looks like it will be a clean install.
i dont mind a bit haha. still needs some work but it should be looking good soon. im wrapping the center where the gauges are with black vynal to match my center console

soloone87

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2014
hollywood,fl
i dont mind a bit haha. still needs some work but it should be looking good soon. im wrapping the center where the gauges are with black vynal to match my center console
yeah i was thinking about getting some fiber glass and then set up the gauges similar to yours although im still contemplating the 6 gauges or the 4 in 1 tach gauge, fuel and speedo,

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Hey just wondering how you like the little larrys manual air valves now that you had them for a while???
Still never got back to my airride project & my invention of a 1/4" ball valve setup with linkage system won't work due to poor quality of the valves I got..

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Hey just wondering how you like the little larrys manual air valves now that you had them for a while???
Still never got back to my airride project & my invention of a 1/4" ball valve setup with linkage system won't work due to poor quality of the valves I got..
for the most part i really like it. nice and simple and no wiring. also i like that you can control how fast or slow it goes p or down. the only thing that i dont like is how if im going to air it up its hard to do it evenly and have it look good when you do it, like one side wants to air up faster than the other one but thats not a huge deal.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
i keep slacking on posting on here but i got my gauges in (still need a spedo cable) and i got a new grip royal leather wheel and nrg slim quick release for it.

also i had some shitty little HID headlights that i tinted and they were so terrible. i couldnt see a thing driving at night so i picked up a pair of LED fog lights on amazon that a buddy recommended. only cost like 12 bucks each but they work great. ordered another set for high beams

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Interior is starting to look pretty good there now. With the console & gauges wrapped with the black vinyl , at a casual glance it could be mistaken for a bmw interior or something.
I might later go for a set of those fog lights, what mfg are they?
Now I'm thinking about putting a no logo set of those Little Larry's controls in my dash over the stereo & ac controls instead of a backup camera. No point in hiding them.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Interior is starting to look pretty good there now. With the console & gauges wrapped with the black vinyl , at a casual glance it could be mistaken for a bmw interior or something.
I might later go for a set of those fog lights, what mfg are they?
Now I'm thinking about putting a no logo set of those Little Larry's controls in my dash over the stereo & ac controls instead of a backup camera. No point in hiding them.
thanks buddy that means alot. ive been trying to finish the interior for a while now. the led lights are from amazon. kinda cheap but look and work great, here is a link to them: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZGKKMA/?tag=gbody-20
the little larrys valves work great and i think it looks super clean without the logo

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
so after 3 years of trying to run my year of manufacturer plate at the dmv they finally let me legally use it. so i have my regular plate in the rear and this one from 1979 in the front. i just need to carry a piece of paper with the registration. i thinks its one of the coolest things

and here is a picture from the other day that i forgot to post. my 1981 cb650 and the elco

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor