1980 Cutlass project from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldsi%2B005.JPG

I made new braces for the engine department aswell 😛 a lot stiffer than with those old ones 🙂

What brand are your rear coil overs?

olds%2B008.JPG

Had to build the rear end with c-clips and drum brakes. 🙁 Going to look at the eliminators next winter. I wanna keep the car on the road 🙂 The eliminators here in finland cost over 300 euros 🙁

Got the car running and driving! Had little bit of an issue with the transmission, but that is all sorted out 🙂 One shim was at the wrong place at the 2nd gear servo, so I didn't got 2nd gear at all. Changed position off the shim and now its working fine 🙂 Maybe little bit tv cable adjustment and I should be good to go 🙂

Rear end seems nice and firm!

What could be wrong with my transmission? Full tv pressure is at 1 and 2 as low as 145psi. transmission doesn't work nicely, shifts early. TV goes all the way down and all the springs etc are in correct position in tv valve. Checked the oilpump valves, all was assembled correctly. I have a .500 boost valve. Checkballs are in correct locations.

Glad to see your Cutlass on the road. So you worked out the transmission issues? Overdrive is nice at $2 a liter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor