1980 Cutlass project from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to get my driveshaft balanced, I have had little bit of a vibrating issue, and I want to get that sorted out.

Driveshaft is in the balancer and it will take a week or so to get it back, so I decided to fix little rust issues.

All started here:

olds%2B011.JPG

Decided to take the rear seat off, so I could weld it properly and safely.

That didn't end well.

olds%2B012.JPG

olds%2B013.JPG

Sorry for bad images. I'm going to get better once when I start weld those rust spots...

I give you a lot of credit for your hard work and perseverance. In the states, your car would have probably ended up as a parts car, but you chose to cut out all the rusty metal and replace it. Thumbs up to you.

Good job keeping the old gal alive and kicking.

Reactions: ssn696 and drogg1
Excellent work! This thread is like the movie Benjamin Button - the car gets younger with every new scene!

Reactions: Flyers9928
Crappy photo of the finished product on the passenger side:

olds%2B007.JPG

Assembled the interior back+cleaned it. Got the driveshaft from the balancer. Vibrating is pretty much gone! Starts little vibrating at about 80mph, the transmission yoke is pretty worn out, that could cause it, or it might be wheels or something else? Doesn't bother me that much anymore, I usually doesn't drive that fast... 🙂 Before balancing it started vibrating at about 50mph, and at 70mph u couldn't see anything from rear view mirror. So ALOT better!

Reactions: Longroof79
The yoke is the same from any TH350, so if it really is worn, you can replace the yoke. But, you should check the balance with the new yoke.

Did you replace the bushing in the tailhousing of the transmission? This part can wear and allow the yoke to move around. I know you had to do some welding to fix the seal area.

Reactions: Longroof79
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor