1980 Cutlass project from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's main girdle is that? How thick? What kind of bolts are those? Usually studs are used.

Went to metal shop nearby, and asked could they do a girdle for me. Costed about 20 euros. Its 12 millimeters thick, I know u guys use inches, so its bit less than 1/2".

Bolts are same grade as the old ones (Doesn't remember was it 5 or 6 grade), only longer. They were way cheaper than buying studs here in Finland... Many have used bolts succesfully, so I thought why not me also.

• Useful
Reactions: 80GP400
Havent done anything interesting lately, but I did mock up my oil pan - again. Wasn't happy with the look of it, so did it again. Now I think it looks pretty good, a friend of mine promised to weld it for me, when he has time to do so.

oldsi%2B004.JPG

oldsi%2B005.JPG

The pickup is about 2qt bigger than the stock one.

Took the block to machine shop, and ordered KB hyper pistons 🙂 .024 over.

Oh and I bought recently C-heads. Original chamber size 80cc, intake valve 2.0", exhaust 1.625. Should be pretty good head straight from the factory I guess? I'm going to clean them up just a bit... AIR bumps etc, u know 🙂

I just stumbled across this thread... WOW it's a biggin. Good luck!

If you still have those wheels on that cutlass, what about adding some Oldsmobile logos to the center caps? The red rectangle like on your wheel. This is a really old thread I know, but I think that'd look cool.

Thanks 🙂

And you mean the Nascar wheels right? Had to sell them, 403 is eating my budget 😀 Or do you mean centercaps on those rallye wheels?

And forgot to add a photo, but I did a little refreshing on the rallye's 🙂 Painted 'em black and tried to polish the chromes a bit. Came out real nice.

oldsi%2B002.JPG

Called to the machine shop, crankshaft will go with STD bearings, ordered Clevite's right away 🙂

Last edited:
Thanks 🙂

And you mean the Nascar wheels right? Had to sell them, 403 is eating my budget 😀 Or do you mean centercaps on those rallye wheels?
Was refering to the nascar wheels, but I guess that's a No-go now.

Reactions: Pasikiainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor