1980 Cutlass project from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldsi%2B016.JPG

I rebuilded the transmission, 1st to 2nd is too early at D, others are good. Checked everything multiple times, its a real mystery. I'm thinking that I'm just going to drive the car for a while now, see how it performs.

you probably have the red governor, try the green one and that should help.

DSCN2157.jpg

The transmission works great now. I had the wrong spring on the MTV UP valve. That caused all of the problems on the transmission.

Changed the rear control arms, made a huge difference! Rearend acts way better than it used to.

Tomorrow going to change rear end oils and we try to fit new yoke to rearend. Old one leaks, so we try to get that sorted out with a "new" yoke.

olds%2B013.JPG

Brother got his Capri on the road, so we went and took some photos 🙂

olds%2B012.JPG

Nice pair of cars. For posterity, can you take that picture again with maybe a nice lake but no power pole in the background...

Reactions: Pasikiainen
The stance and NASCAR wheels / tires sure look right on your Olds. 😎

Reactions: Pasikiainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor