1980 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotboyrn84

Apprentice
May 1, 2012
Thanks and I’ll be looking into a better solder gun then... in relation to the sensors no... the original car and motor had the sensor for the dummy lights and to compound even if it hadn’t I sold the motor as soon as I pulled it to someone with a 80 that had blown the original since it ran well still and they didn’t have money to buy and rebuild a motor. I broke my finger pulling the motor and was at a pick n pull and a guy was speaking about trying to replace his so I was mad at the motor lol and thought I was helping someone too. Not that it hurt me to help because it would be still sitting taking up space if not. Only charged him 100 and at the time it ran and sounded clean.
Hey there. What do you mean by “full” gauges? The rallye cluster has temp, oil, tach, gas, and mph but I’m not sure if that’s the answer you needed.

Hotboyrn84

Apprentice
May 1, 2012
Does your 80 have full gauges? If so you need senders for a 1980 Cutlass. The senders should be the same thread. If not adapters can be used.

Hey there. What do you mean by “full” gauges? The rallye cluster has temp, oil, tach, gas, and mph but I’m not sure if that’s the answer you needed.

Hotboyrn84

Apprentice
May 1, 2012
So update... I found a tach harness and just hope the consol wiring has the original female end to tie the tachometer lead into like factory or I’ll be doing more dreaded soldering... I believe I have the correct part numbers for the sending units now so cross our fingers there.

The power issue/battery drain looks like it’s because the interior power and chassis power had a fuse able link burned out between that and the alternator smfh... after searching all the wiring i stripped away some electrical tape to find that.

Doing some searching for a good soldering fun for think gauge wiring applications so any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Hotboyrn84

Apprentice
May 1, 2012
Also I’m buying some aftermarket door panel lowers and just sent pics of the interior to see if they can color match the panel and panel carpeting... the aftermarkets have a speaker opening and I want to improve audio sound so it’s a win win if they can match the color and they fit.
That way all I have to do myself is cut out space for the power windows on the original door panel uppers which are in good condition.
Gonna need to buy some a pillars because they are dry rotted and way down the road either have the dash repaired if possible or find a replacement.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, that is full gauges. As I said, you senders to match the year of the gauges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor