1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Ok so next on the list is my elko bed....I reprayed it with the Duplicolor spray cans and it came out good...but I guess with the heat it started to bubble up and looks nasty!!!!

So im going to pick up this kit and really get it looking nice...I know that prep is a big issue with this so it can lay down good and last a long time...

Off i go to get at local auto parts store and alot of sandpaper....

will keep ya'll posted...

Attachments

• 318-BAK2010_2.jpg
    318-BAK2010_2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,168

Ok bro. Remember my vid I put up about that duplicolor liner? The liner itself is nice. MNot too shiny and dries up rock hard. The applicator sucks *ss tho. Luckily I was rolling the duplicolor over some old hurculiner so the "pattern" was laid already. BUT! The bed floor wasnt covered yet. I prepped the floor surface and started rolling. Came out looking like *ss cuz duplicolors applicator is waaay thin. It doesnt soak up unough material like the hurculiner roller did. Check to see if autozone or wherever you get the kit from sells the roller from hurculiner. When I re do mine thats how imma do. The hurc roller has alot of pits and large openings in it to trap and hold the liner material....

Here's the hurculiner pics. I liked it but it was a lil too shiny for what I wanted then. I ended up dulling it down by washing it with some dawn..

click pic to view photo's

The hurc left a nice textured finish greatly because of the roller..

The other prob I had with the hurc was that on hot days it got soft. So I treid the Duplicolor setup...
click on photo to see other views

Luckily the textured finish was already there from the hurc. I tossed the dupli roller out and just got a regular foam roller and "freshened up" the old faded hurc..

5585923649_e98745d267_z.jpg

With the 3rd brak light it really lights the bed up which is just what I was after. I tinted the rear window so the whole bed is blacked out. On really dark streets when I brake, you KNOW to stop

5583571675_ec0fa826a4_z.jpg

5584159682_35b446aca2_z.jpg

Ok. So if you want a really shiny look--Hurculiner. Great roller but it gets a lil soft on warmer days. Duplicolor has a satic look to it. Dries hard as a rock and it didnt get soft out there in 117 deg weather. Roller sucks tho...

Old vid
[youtube]Y6rggS85RDc[/youtube]

Sorry for all the pics and shiz up in ya thread. Just tryin to help.

Elco Warren 8)

80z UP!!!

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
OMG!!!! Alllllll these dayum wires drive me crazy.... But look at the progress...I got out early from work cause we were slow as hell and I started connecting the gauges....

They all work fine...speed looks on the dot ...tach looks good too....ran some led lights to brighten up the cluster and BAMMMM!!!!looking good :D

But ran into problems....for some reason when I went to test drive the ride it started to over heat!!!! I was lossen oil pressure and my temp gauage was not working...I rushed home to check things out and I was at 290 degrees and the engine was HOT....my fans were not working....I got to the drive way and smoke and radiator fluid all over the place...I started cking wires and everything was goood...checked fused and all was good...I went to check the wires on fan and there was the problem, it was not connected right)!!! Fans turned on and I was back on the road checking all the gauges out, and I'm glad to say they All work fine...so Saturday I will check all fluids and ride my baby for awhile...here some pics..

71e95787.jpg

f809fb1b.jpg

fd44b8d5.jpg
HOOVA DUECE LOL IT CAME OUT SWEEET BRO

(Warren) u are more than welcome to post as many pics and vids...I love them...and after seen the vid I know exactly what I need to do...I was wondering how I was going to start...I will def follow ur steps...thanks big bro !!!

(Kris)
Lmao u crazy...but thanks...lol

Got home from work today and got right in top of things..I fixed the wire that wasent turning on my fans and put about 1 gal of water in radiator since the over heat, and u won't believe how much transmission fluid I had to put...

I had to put 3quarts of transmission fluid...I was so shocked when I seen how low it was....it didn't seem like I lost so much fluid, but I guess I did...

But know Elko runs flawless....she runs so good I had a real good time taking her for a drive...it shifted good, all the gauges worked fine, fans as well....just wanted to give u guys an update..

Sup guys....so today drove Elko for a good 2 hrs up and down and she feels good...I put flywheel cover today as well...

But I did notice that my lower radiator tube sucks it's self in from time to time...

Does n e one know why it does that?? And when I take off the radiator cap it goes back to normal!!

Chime in brothers... :mrgreen: see in the pic how it's all sucked in!! Weird huh??

a4b2e041.jpg

There is suppose to be a spring that goes in the lower hose to keep it from doing that but i know autozone and some other places stopped selling it because the hoses they make now are formed so you might have to find one in the junkyard or online for sure

richp85elco said:
There is suppose to be a spring that goes in the lower hose to keep it from doing that but i know autozone and some other places stopped selling it so you might have to find one in the junkyard or online for sure

Ahhhh thats so true my friend!!!!! U the Ishhhhhhhh homie...hahaha. I will look out for it...I know remember when I was at the yard I did see them chase they cut those hoses...I might have my old one...

Thanks again...

Found this at o'reillys .... I seen what u were talking about Warren...the applicator roller in the duplicolor dosent look like it's going to grab ahold of the bed liner liquid....I will just go with the herculiner kit and see what happens...and it's actually cheaper...lol.

d3ef5942.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor