1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Ok so , mt speedogear housing is leaking alot of transmission fluid...it does have the "O" ring but didnt see the inner gasket that holds the gear...and i think thats where the transmission fluid is coming out from....im going to have to pull it out and probley get a new steal one...i might have an aluminum one that they dont use n e more..I did my research and called around to see why they leak from there so much, they said that GM made those housing horriable and never found away to seal up that housing correctly...But i guess with this new Steal housing it should stop it from leaking as much as it does know..

Im going to jack up that side so that i wont loose so much transmission fluid this time...it gets expensive all this dayum fluid..

plus i cant find the dayum wire that goes in this dayum lower radiator hose...im just going to go with the FLEX hose that has very good rubber thickness and nice big wire inside of FLEX hose...$14.99...

Oh yea i need a New tire too...I guess the owner before me had them on a Maro and ripped off a chunk of tire and the wire is coming out....wow i never seen those wires coming out the rear tire...so thats whats happening right know..

Elko down for cpl days..

Attachments

• VulcoFlex_Hose.jpg
    VulcoFlex_Hose.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 959
  • tci-880021_w.jpg
    tci-880021_w.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 958

Ok guys...so today went to autozone and picked up a FLEX lower radiator hose...and I can't tell u this, they are made to last a long time...the guy there told me about them and recommended it..

Has very thick rubber, super heavy duty spring and looks like it was made to go a long time!!!

My lower radiator hose problem is fixed....I let it sit for about 15mins on, fans turned on and all looked good..no leaks and looks like I'm going to be running smooth and cool....

Ordered and I need to go pick up that new steal housing for the speed cable and get that done on weekend...oh I also need that rear tires...wires coming all out..!not safe...keep y'all updated :mrgreen:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Ok guys...so today went to autozone and picked up a FLEX lower radiator hose...and I can't tell u this, they are made to last a long time...the guy there told me about them and recommended it..

Has very thick rubber, super heavy duty spring and looks like it was made to go a long time!!!

My lower radiator hose problem is fixed....I let it sit for about 15mins on, fans turned on and all looked good..no leaks and looks like I'm going to be running smooth and cool....

Not I need to go pick up that new steal housing for the speed cable and get that done on weekend...oh I also need that rear tires...wires coming all out..!not safe...keep y'all updated :mrgreen:
u gotthem gears now u burning thru tires LOL...

Lmao!!! Nahhhhh the peeps that had these rims and tires before me had them on a camaro newer, and when I got them he did mention that the were rubbing inside...but only one was not looking good...and I still drove it like that...by know there's are coming out and it's getting low...but know u can see all these wires coming out...lol creepy...lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: come on guys... Im Telling the truth!!! Hahahahahaha :rofl:

ok ok so today this AM before work stopped by TransMex transmission parts to pick up my steal speedgear housing...

the guy there says as many times you change this housing piece, they still leak!!! i should be changing it tomorrow if the wifey dont trip!!! :shock:

In the second pic u can see where the black gasket is located in the inside of the housing, thats where all the transmission fluid is leaking from.....i really dont remember on the old one having that seal...if it is there its probley all worn out!...

will keep u updated

Attachments

• 1000000459.JPG
    1000000459.JPG
    439.4 KB · Views: 889
  • 1000000458.JPG
    1000000458.JPG
    418.7 KB · Views: 908

So after changing the speed cable housing, that sh*t still leaks..Well not as much as before but it has that little leak.hahahaha oh well I guess that's how I need to roll..of course ck fluids before I get on the road...I'm sure I did it correctly , but oh well...so the flax radiator hose is holding up good...and got my rear tire...so I'm all good and ready to go...

All I need know is to get the bed liner and paint the water pump..getting rusty on me...dayum autozone parts..lmao..also got a jeep steering shaft..and of course will be chromed out...stay tuned.. :mrgreen:

Here what the bushings look like be far and after with the new housing..

712938b9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor