1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

yeah no problem bro.
im learning as i go too, ill eventually catch up with the big dogs, for now ill be with the pups :rofl:
hopefully now that i got another elky, i can retire one and finally put my hands on it with no worries.

Looks like im going to just make a trip to him saturday too..let me kno if plans change

442Jayp said:
Looks like im going to just make a trip to him saturday too..let me kno if plans change

Probley not, I messed with the wheel wells already and im going to finish it...im so upset that I kinda messed them up alittle bit....my sweater touched it while they were both drying and got red lent all over one side....Stupid mistake..!!!

They dont need much done just alittle sanding and I should be ready to paint them again sometime next week when the sun is out...Im just going to prep them again and this time paint them in my boxers!!! :rofl:

But when im ready to have them all fresh looking, im forsure heading out to Warrens pad to work on them...

Big Saint

Man OH Man!!!!! My dayum fingers are in pain from all the sanding i had to do from my first mess up!!!! I will never ever work on Plastic again!!!! :rofl:

So thanks to the big homie ELKO WARREN....I followed his step we talked about and i actually used plastic primer filler and stuck to it great...going to let the primer sit and cook, then tomorrow hit the flat satin black and i should be done with this one...then off to the other one....oh my god why me!!!! :rofl: here are the results so far....

Talking my time with this and letting primer set real good...then hit the black paint tomorrow if it dont rain...

Attachments

• 2011-04-08_19-33-55_287.jpg
    2011-04-08_19-33-55_287.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 584
  • 2011-04-08_18-34-18_295.jpg
    2011-04-08_18-34-18_295.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 570

Looking sweet bruh! Man you don't need me. You got this bruh! This will work for now and have you looking right for the shows. Then we can fill em and do the damn thang on em before the run... At work right now workin on Mel's wells....

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Looking sweet bruh! Man you don't need me. You got this bruh! This will work for now and have you looking right for the shows. Then we can fill em and do the damn thang on em before the run... At work right now workin on Mel's wells....

LMAO!!! Trust me brah I do need you!!! I dont think I could fill those holes without you and your patience...just doing a thing on the wells here and there, but want them to look so fresh and so clean, u feel me...lol...

Little by little i will be ready for them shows..thanks again brah

Ahhhhhhhh one more update guys!!! I got my Chrome front bumper back from the shop and man the homies got down on it..they sanded down all the old chrome, dipped it in nickle and then chrome and man oh man..i can actually see my face in it and the sun shines so clean off it .....im so excited, now i just need to get my bumper fillers back from body shop cuase they had small chipped, and then put my bumper back on...my rear bumper is already rechromed, remember i got it off craigslist from a guy that didnt know what he had...scored....check out my front bumper...

Big Saint

Attachments

• bumper.jpeg
    bumper.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 786
  • chrome.jpeg
    chrome.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 794

Man o man!! You got a show winner right here bruh!! Nice. Imma get with you on your chrome hookup. How much if you dont mind me asking...OH!! And on the wells...DO NOT...I repeat..Do NOT use acetone to clean em now that you have the primer on there. The acetone will stripp the primer right off. Try some "Denatured alcohol" and make sure they wells are thoroughly cleaned prior to painting...

Elco Warren 8)

80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Man o man!! You got a show winner right here bruh!! Nice. Imma get with you on your chrome hookup. How much if you dont mind me asking...OH!! And on the wells...DO NOT...I repeat..Do NOT use acetone to clean em now that you have the primer on there. The acetone will stripp the primer right off. Try some "Denatured alcohol" and make sure they wells are thoroughly cleaned prior to painting...

Elco Warren 8)

80zBabiezCC

Gotcha! I paid $160 for my crhome,which was good cuase i was getting quate of$ 250 plus!!!!! So for that price i jumped on it quick!! ....just waking up so should be painting that well soon, will post pic later...
And forsure i will hook u up with the chrome connect..

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Bumpin1ohmSS said:

Elco Warren 8)

80zBabiezCC

Gotcha! I paid $160 for my crhome,which was good cuase i was getting quate of$ 250 plus!!!!! So for that price i jumped on it quick!! ....just waking up so should be painting that well soon, will post pic later...
And forsure i will hook u up with the chrome connect..
160 is good there was a guy charging like 250 for both bumpers out here lost his contact info but since i dont do chrome... u kno... lol :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor