1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Yea..im going back this week end with the fillers and see what they can do...or at least give me some touch up paint..

84elko said:
they repainted my fillers for me. hope they do the same for you.
I should take them off huh, since my bumper is in the chrome shop, i get it back friday, so i should take to them soon...

84elko said:
Those parts are urethane and I never had good luck doing touch up on them. That's why I had the body shop re do mine on my 83. And that's why I got rid of them on my 84 they are a pita

Yea true! I just came back from body shop dropping off front fillers, hes a good friend of mine and was giving me a hard time...lol...he said i did that to my filler....but he remembers when i picked up my elko that i pointed it out.....so yea hes going to sand them down and repaint them....knowing him they might be done in 2wks...hes a lagger! But im going to push him for the up coming car shows...going to surprise him friday and they better be ready..lol

Also took off my wheel wells and WOW i didnt know they were in such bad shape!! ..i sanded one to thd best that i could to get them ready to take to the homie ELKO WARREN this Saturday ....me and him are going to paint them and make them shine!!!

Attachments

• 2011-04-06_08-37-33_500.jpg
    2011-04-06_08-37-33_500.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 955
  • 2011-04-06_08-38-02_334.jpg
    2011-04-06_08-38-02_334.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 948
  • 2011-04-06_09-47-18_286.jpg
    2011-04-06_09-47-18_286.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 955

DAYUM I DIDNT KNOW DOING THESE WHEEL WELLS WOULD BE SO HARD TO DO....IM NOTICING THAT YOU NEED ALOT OF TIME AND PATIENTS WITH PLASTIC.....BUT THAT 2000 SAND PAPER HELPS OUT ALOT FOR ALL THOSE LINES AFTER PUTTING THAT PRIMER FILLER....I THINK IM NOT GOING TO THE NEXT CAR SHOW AND GET THESE WHEEL WELLS TO OK CONDITION...IM GOING TO PROBLEY HAVE TO DO THEM ALL OVER AGAIN, DIDNT LIKE WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE!! BUT I THINK I GOT THE HANG OF IT... :mrgreen:

I MESSED UP BIG TIME AND NEED TO SAND SOME AREAS DOWN AND LET THEM DRY REAL GOOD, JUST LIKE WARREN WAS SAYING....I WILL HIT IT AGAIN TOMORROW WITH SOME SANDING AND PRIMER AND HOPEFULLY THE SUN WILL SHINE SO THEY CAN DRY FASTER!!!!

You are on your way bruh!! Keep at it. Im just a few levels ahead of you as far as "know how" goes. Im still learning as I go along. A nice clean up with purple power and some Rustolium satin black will work for now so you can make all your events this month. I can fill the holes and do the whole process later. it wont take long. I actually could have Mel's done by 6 today if I didnt have to go to work. Once you learn the steps, the process doesnt take long. having patience with a job like this is extremely important also. This requires a lil more time and finess to get it looking clean. Parts like swaybars and calipers arent out in the open and you can hide problem areas with ease. The fronts of the wells are in your face. Any runs or imperfections pop right out. Keep at it bruh. Post some pics up....

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
You are on your way bruh!! Keep at it. Im just a few levels ahead of you as far as "know how" goes. Im still learning as I go along. A nice clean up with purple power and some Rustolium satin black will work for now so you can make all your events this month. I can fill the holes and do the whole process later. it wont take long. I actually could have Mel's done by 6 today if I didnt have to go to work. Once you learn the steps, the process doesnt take long. having patience with a job like this is extremely important also. This requires a lil more time and finess to get it looking clean. Parts like swaybars and calipers arent out in the open and you can hide problem areas with ease. The fronts of the wells are in your face. Any runs or imperfections pop right out. Keep at it bruh. Post some pics up....

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Thanks brah!! Yea I have to take my time and really look at what im doing...Im going to hit it with 400 grit when i get home and primer fill it and let it sit till saturday...then look at what i missed and go from there....for sure will post pics when done....thanks again Warren....

dayumm, good sh*t bro.
even after your car looks dope, you still find little things to fix.
i saw your whip and yeah bro, sick!
good luck with it, and like Bumpin1ohmSS said, post them pictures!
:banana:

take ya time they will come out nice!!.. i need to do mine but o well imma rep regardless they see its a work in progress! 80zBabiez!!

85gbody said:
dayumm, good sh*t bro.
even after your car looks dope, you still find little things to fix.
i saw your whip and yeah bro, sick!
good luck with it, and like Bumpin1ohmSS said, post them pictures!
:banana:

Thanks!!!! Just trying to stay on top like the big dogs!!!! And it keep me busy on my time off...i love working on gbodys and learn as i go...its the best...thanks for the compliment.....

Big Saint

kuruption109 said:
take ya time they will come out nice!!.. i need to do mine but o well imma rep regardless they see its a work in progress! 80zBabiez!!

Yea i am brah!!....im going to take my time and work on them for about another week until the car show and until i think they are desent enough to put back on, then before the GBODY run take them to Warren for the fresh finish...

400 grit to get them smooth, primer them, then look for any sanding lines, wet sand /primer/and go from there...

But my dayum finger nail and tips of finger are burning as hell!!!! I need a little sander....I think I got one somewhere in my garage...hahahaha to lazy to find, but for sure tonight digging and finding that sucker...

Big Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor