1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
melman109 said:
LSCustoms said:
DAYUM! looking clean... imma be at the swap meet for sure

Man I wish I could roll, I have a 3 day weekend to. If I would have knew earlier I would have planned the trip

Pomona is the best to find everything! Alot of parts! My bro in law is there all the time selling and flipping parts...he has a shop and is a mechanic for Volkswagens, im always post parts for him on samba and craigslist...im thinking that will be my next project for my lil one....1957 VW Oval, roof rack, white walls, dropped, big motor, and have hel p me out...we will see...well have fun in pomona guys..

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Bruh you know Ive owed about 8 bugs, a 57 micro bus all cal styled out and other Water cooled dubs. Man I will be building another one soon. I just put VW on the back burner for a bit to get my muscle cars right. Me and Mel will be gettin with you on the dubs real soon. Mels a dub head as well. Ok. I'm back on the wells. Had to take a break man cuz all kinds of bs has been happening to ol Ekco. But its gettin handled. I hand sanded all the old paint off and got everything smoothed out again. 2.5 hours of sanding!! LOL! Imma shoot em again this weekend.

"Ekco" Warren 8)

Sounds like we got enough interest to start a VeeDub club hahaha Man I love my dubs. My first car was a dub and ive been hooked on them every since then. I've owned a 73 super beetle, 71 beetle, 67 beetle, 64 beetle, and a 59 beetle. I plan on getting another one in the near future. I really want a pre 61 Vert or a nice oval/split right hand drive with either a 2332cc fuel injected veedub engine or a judson super charged 40 hp engine with some Porsche Fuchs, narrowed beam, with a 2 click drop in the rear :mrgreen: my wife wants a VW Thing she fell in love with a slammed green one out here in AZ.....Man Saint why did you have to bring up veedubs u got me feening for another one now :rofl: My buddie in socal has a nice 59 siting in his garage right now that I can get :twisted:

Ur right warren the engine bay bug bite me!!!! DAYUM..So go top plate painted and dryed...all i need is passanger side inner fender bay to paint...ck it out guys..

Attachments

• 2011-08-12_17-15-20_703.jpg
    2011-08-12_17-15-20_703.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 870
  • 2011-08-12_17-43-43_466.jpg
    2011-08-12_17-43-43_466.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 882
  • 2011-08-12_17-43-30_316.jpg
    2011-08-12_17-43-30_316.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 883

Man thats looking good! That rad plate made a big difference!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH MEL AND WARREN..... lets do it!!!! Let get dubsssssssss!!!! I can get them all day...my bro in law is around them 24/7..i was just there at his shop, and he was adjusting some valves on a 57 split window i think it was..all original...and i fell in love with it....but get this...i dont know how to drive stick...lmao..lmao :rofl: :rofl:

Im so down for a bug....just let me know....

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH MEL AND WARREN..... lets do it!!!! Let get dubsssssssss!!!! I can get them all day...my bro in law is around them 24/7..i was just there at his shop, and he was adjusting some valves on a 57 split window i think it was..all original...and i fell in love with it....but get this...i dont know how to drive stick...lmao..lmao :rofl: :rofl:

U gonna have to learn how to drive a stick playa!! We def gonna have to pick us up some let me get my elco and camaro looking halfway decent and we can start shopping lol

Had to be a 53 or earlier if it was a true split 54-57 was the oval windows

melman109 said:
Man thats looking good! That rad plate made a big difference!

Thanks brah...man came a long way for plate..never thought i would have dual fans and a rad top plate...im so happy im moving forward..keep me motivated with all the posts...

melman109 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

U gonna have to learn how to drive a stick playa!! We def gonna have to pick us up some let me get my elco and camaro looking halfway decent and we can start shopping lol

Had to be a 53 or earlier if it was a true split 54-57 was the oval windows

Im not sure, but i think it was a 54 split....but he also had a 57 oval black with red interior in there....i should have took pics....maybe next time...oh yea i took my top battery plate to the chromer/polisher that did all my polishing trim for elko..when i got back i will take pics...but yea, give me some time to get one too...but i want it super loud and fast...cant wait...lmao

Ok. Got some action. Did the other well and it came out decent. What we get is what we are goin with. LOL! This time the new cans of paint didnt react. I sprayed somethin else with the other cans and the paint reacted the same way. So it had to be something wrong with that batch. But heres the passenger side. Wish I had left the driver side be and Id be done. LOL! Driver side's primer is still drying. I'll let it dry til SUnday and sand/paint then...

6037486081_03f17f64b5_b.jpg

6038032100_58eea39919_b.jpg

6038046128_512ee61288_b.jpg

Grumpy ol dude

6038050304_90ebcee4d8_b.jpg

Waitin for the primer to fully dry...

6038054078_f7d82517f2_b.jpg

SHould have the other one sprayed up Sunday. Im not goin to Pomona this time around. Gonna start workin on my own stuff. I'll have em ready for you soon bruh...

Elco Warren 8)

Ahhhh Man!!!! Wareen they are looks so clean...i really appreciate all the man hours u putting into them...i cant wait to get them...so excited...thanks alot brah!

Also today went to pick up top battery plate from chromer....he polished it for me right then and there, and didnt even charge me n e thing....very good friend of my bro in law located right next to bro in laws shop..."Davids chrome" Montebello,Ca

Oh yea..got home from park today with family, and got right on elko..i was going to paint other side inner fender bay area..both wheel wells are out, i seen some leaking from lower radiator hose (chrome hose), i think the radiator fluid corroded it and made a hole in it, or it was just rubbing up on the screw that there, so just went with the rubber hose and it gave it that stock look...i like i like!

Ck it out pic of battery top..wont put it on till show in norwalk Aug 20th..

Attachments

• 2011-08-13_18-48-14_354.jpg
    2011-08-13_18-48-14_354.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 819

Battery box is looking clean bruh! Sprayed the other well fam. Done..Imma let em sit out and bake for the rest of the week. Im headed to AZ next weekend so we need to hook up before Friday....

Elco Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor