Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Been talking with this kid in my local university car club. He's been talking a lot of trash saying how innefficient older motors are and how older cars are nothing but lead bricks. I even messed with him a bit by saying I was running a stroker motor. His comment was "even if you have some amazing, I have this thing called fuel injection". This guy may know a thing or two about mechanics but he lends know respect to the older cars. We have talked about racing, but he wants to race on the street from a 40mph roll. I refused telling him I only race at the strip, which he argued that the strip is for slow cars and that roll racing is where its at. Other comments he made included how the 426 hemi only made 330hp at the wheels and he knows of plenty of 3.8 V6 motors that would smoke 7.0 engines. Am I loopy or is this mustang kid just ignorant?

I figured him trying to get me to race at a 40mph roll is he is trying to get as close to his power range as possible. I know he is running a small amount of nitrous, and has blown 3 of these 5.4 liter motors he has put in this mustang. All of them have been primarily stock, except for the nitrous and a polished intake that resembles a chevy tuneport intake. He has been wanting to race my malibu and the thing hasn't even been on the street one mile. So this is a hypothetical race and I am looking for opinions on who would win. The race I plan on having with this guy is one race without him running spray, the second race letting him running spray. Here are the setups:

1980 Chevrolet Malibu
- 350 bored .010 (352)
- Lunati Voodoo Cam .489/.504, 227/233 dur. , and 110 LSA
- Matching Valvetrain on 882 iron heads (2.02/1.60 valves)
- Edelbrock Air Gap Intake with Edelbrock 600cfm
- 700r4 with $1200 worth of parts (copycat of Monster Transmissions 700r4)
- 2400 Dacco Stall (Peak torque at 2300-2500 rpm)
- 3.73 auburn posi rear with fully rebuilt suspension and steering
- Potenza performance tires on rally wheels

2008 Mustang
- Overall Stock 5.4 L from a F-150 pickup
- Originally a v6 car
- Fancy intake resembling tuneport injection
- 125 single stage shot of nitrous
- Stock street radial tires on torque thrust wheels
- 5 or 6 speed transmission(stock)
- 3.31 gear, possible posi
- Lowerered Suspension

Most of this info came from him, others, and one of the guys I work with. So vote in the poll and let me know who you think would win and if he would win with and without nitrous.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Forgot to mention the Malibu weights about 2800-2850 with me in it, his mustang weighs around 3500-3600lbs. He has all the stock air components and everything else. BTW my battery is in the trunk as well.

This race will most likely occur at the strip. I flat out refuse to do this stupid roll racing because street racing can get someone killed and I almost had that happen when I first started driving this car and I was naive as hell. Hell I would like to try him at autocross if he is up for it. I just was so infuriated by the lack of respect of the original muscle cars. He won against a Subaru WRX, but the asian kid didn't know how to drive, shift, or take advantage of his all wheel drive.

I mean if it was one of those peppy little 4.6 L's or a 302, I may be a little concerned. But I haven't heard any good things about the 5.4 or its reliability.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
patmckinneyracing said:
Forgot to mention the Malibu weights about 2800-2850 with me in it, his mustang weighs around 3500-3600lbs. He has all the stock air components and everything else. BTW my battery is in the trunk as well.

This race will most likely occur at the strip. I flat out refuse to do this stupid roll racing because street racing can get someone killed and I almost had that happen when I first started driving this car and I was naive as hell. Hell I would like to try him at autocross if he is up for it. I just was so infuriated by the lack of respect of the original muscle cars. He won against a Subaru WRX, but the asian kid didn't know how to drive, shift, or take advantage of his all wheel drive.
how does ur car weigh so little my cutlass weighs 4600 stock

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Aluminum core support, no emissions, no air, no heat, no AC, no spare tire and jack when I race. The malibus and el caminos are known for being incredibly lightweight. I know my bu weighed 3200 when I bought it in stock form. But it isn't close to stock anymore.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
86_olds said:
patmckinneyracing said:

Damn, what kind of cutlass do you have? 4600 is roughly about 1000 lbs over-weight.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I wouldn't street race that POS. They don't make '80 Malibus anymore. Let them wreck all the Mustangs they want.

This "rolling race" thing is something new that got popular with youtube & sh*t cars with no torque. Personally I think it's retarded. If you want to prove a point have him meet you at the track. I don't know about you, but I like this hobby too much to lose my license or accidentally kill someone on the street for some retard with a big mouth.

He's just an attention wh*re looking for an audience.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
84sscutty said:
86_olds said:
patmckinneyracing said:

Damn, what kind of cutlass do you have? 4600 is roughly about 1000 lbs over-weight.
well thats what the gross weight says on the door or i think it does lol might have my number switched around

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor