Who would win in this virtual race?

• 1980 Chevrolet Malibu

Votes: 43 81.1%
  • 2008 Ford Mustang

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some iron 5.4 info you're looking at 350-370 torque out of that engine if its fresh and has a few bolt on parts. Then if he really is spraying enough nitrous to break internals it'd bearound 500-550 torque and I just have a hard time believing that the malibu would take that. BTW its a derivative of the ford lightning engine is what you're up against.

...my theory thats growing stronger every year is ford owners fall in love with the looks of the car first then rag on other cars, then take time to figure out how to make a car actually go once they find their good looking steel cage is slow as balls. When they get older they develop an appreciation for all cars. Other car guys seem to fall in love with the engine/power/drivetrain and going fast first

Yeah I mean the nitrous is the only thing the kid has going. That's why I said the first race would be straight up with him not using spray. The second race would allow him to use spray. Racing can be fun but my generation is making it rather distasteful with the way the hobby seems to be going, not to say all the kids of my generation are doing this, but you know which ones I'm talking about.

I've really gotten a lot of the customization out of my system and really want to start the factory restoration on my roadrunner. I've learned from my father and his generation, along with the generation before that, that it is not always about speed and winning. At the last major show we went to, our Mopar Club had an area in the center of the stadium and the Mopars definately brought color to the event. But the look of people's faces as they stood in awe of these cars gave me new inspiration to bring my roadrunner back to life the way it was 41 years ago. Very few people asked how fast they were, but just seemed to stare in awe as if they were staring at legends. Racing is not everything to me as it was when I was 15. Simply keeping the older cars alive to withstand the test of time and being able to say I own an 80' Malibu and 71' Roadrunner is well worth any race I may ever win or lose. These cars are literally my time machines into how life was many years ago when life seemed a little bit simpler.

if your doing a 40 mph rolling start, if you have your granny gears sitting around throw those in and see if he has a chance :lol:

Malibu nuff said.

i get what you mean by this generation's lack of respect for anything that doesn't end in 90-99 or 0something. I'm only 17 and every one says i should drop my cutlass. my dad got pissy cause i was taking apart my 84 supreme with the floors rotted out to use it as a parts car for my 84 brougham and my 88 supreme. No one has any respect for anything anymore. Its all about money and who has the fancier car that's most likely their parent or a gift to them which they are ungrateful to receive. every one in this generation takes everything for granted. I'm just glad i can say i own my cars and paid for them myself.

I have 4 cutlasses and im proud as hell to say i own them.

as for the mustang, You know what they say. Mustangs are like tampons every p*ssy has one.

ask me about the honda kid in my class who though he was big stuff cause he owned a 02 accord. His big thing about his honda was it has heated seats. my reply to that was my cutlass isn't going to be on the road in the winter so i don't need anything but a bench seat with the 355with a th 350 and my 3:73 posi rear end lol

Pat I Think The Bu Could Take That Rustang Anyday! He Just Is Scared To Lose To A Bowtie So He Is Trying To Rig The Race So He Wins! As For This Generation Not Knowing Anything-- I Totally Agree! It Is A Shame To Watch This Generation Not Accept Classics And Only Think Of Cars As Cars. They Are Works Of Art And Should Be Appriciated And Drove On A Daily Basis! I Am Only 21 And Am Proud To Keep The Classic Love Going! I Can't Wait To Get My El Camino On The Road This Summer Because Im Going To Drive It Like Its Meant To Be Drove: Hard, After All Its A Muscle Car/Truck! :twisted: Pat Don't Stoop To His Level And Try And Race A Rustang. He Obviously Doesn't Know Anything If He Has Blown Motors Before With Just Nitrous Hooked Up. Old Muscle Always Wins Over Imports and "Newer" Muscle.

You will deftinaly beat him off the line but them mustangs have alot of top end power he may catch up to you. Put a 2004r in and you deftinaly leave him behind you :lol:

Yeah he knows alot of Series 2 3800 cars because that's all they do is race from a roll... Tell him to go back to the local Wendy's and hang out with all the "cool" kids.

I wouldn't even waste my time if this guy is this ignorant.

patmckinneyracing said:
He's been talking a lot of trash saying how inefficient older motors are and how older cars are nothing but lead bricks.
What is wrong with this kid? Does he think the newest thing is the biggest and baddest. I'd say you should leave him be till he learns a thing or two about things not made this decade.

Mustang on the bottlw will prolly win. Off the bottle you got a chance. You will be in bad shape either way unless you got some different tires.

Not racing him will make him more angry then racing him, I vote for not racing him and stand by and see what happens. 😀

Arent those 5.4's kinda heavy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor