• 1980 Chevrolet Malibu

Votes: 43 81.1%
  • 2008 Ford Mustang

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how does ur car weigh so little my cutlass weighs 4600 stock[/quote]

That sticker you're looking at isn't the weight. The heaviest g-bodies that come to mind were the '87 Aeorcoupes at around 3600lbs.

vVirtual dynos at two local speed shops are estimating 400-425hp and 430-435lb of torque at the flywheel. I designed the 700r4 with components such as a corvette servo, beast sunshell, larger boost valves, transgo shift kit, full master rebuild kit, new hardened reverse input drum, basically race components to eliminate as much power loss through the transmission as possible. I honestly don't think he knows that the 700r4 is an overdrive unit. He works at a place called boost technologies and thinks he knows it all. Only thing he seems to know is mustangs and that's about it.

G-body vet, that's why I said I refused to ever street race. I keep telling him I will only race him at the track. I agree about there not being anymore 2 door malibus compared to tons of mustangs.

One of my friends was telling me that I am basically this kid's kryptonite cause he is so used to racing kids who have no clue. I know that whole idea of roll racing is so he doesn't have to deal with my torque cause he knows I'll have faster acceleration with my gearing and overall setup. He's just pissed cause he knows I'm not stupid and he can't trick me into a race that leans in his favor.

I told him that the only reason roll racing is around is cause imports have no torque on launch with all hp in the upper rpms. He said "only people I know roll racing said they were making too much hp". I was laughing thinking how often do you see jet cars or John Force doing a rolling start because of too much hp? lol

patmckinneyracing said:
He said "only people I know roll racing said they were making too much hp". I was laughing thinking how often do you see jet cars or John Force doing a rolling start because of too much hp? lol

Tell him you'll race after he gets his car to hook :lol:

G-Body_Vet said:
how does ur car weigh so little my cutlass weighs 4600 stock

That sticker you're looking at isn't the weight. The heaviest g-bodies that come to mind were the '87 Aeorcoupes at around 3600lbs.[/quote]
oo ok never mind

He even wanted to race my roadrunner that is going through a stock restoration. I told him "your mustang is not worthy of even being on the same road as my 71' Roadrunner or my father's 67' 440 GTS Dart." Quite frankly, the original muscle cars of the 60's and early 70's have earned their respect while the mustangs always seem to be trying to prove themselves.

And maybe its just me, but if you gotta run nitrous on a stock 5.4 to go fast, then that just tells me you don't want to take the time to built a motor right.

patmckinneyracing said:
He even wanted to race my roadrunner that is going through a stock restoration. I told him "your mustang is not worthy of even being on the same road as my 71' Roadrunner or my father's 67' 440 GTS Dart." Quite frankly, the original muscle cars of the 60's and early 70's have earned their respect while the mustangs always seem to be trying to prove themselves.

And maybe its just me, but if you gotta run nitrous on a stock 5.4 to go fast, then that just tells me you don't want to take the time to built a motor right.

He probably can't read a micrometer or dial indicator anyway. Maybe you should do the rolling race and let him spray. Maybe he'll frag another engine!

The other point to this post was to get this frustration of this kid's ignorance out of my system. Figure I'm 20 years old, and I can't stand my generation's lack of common sense or respect.

I told my buddy that even if I lose, I still win. WIth old muscle cars, nothing needs to be proven because they are always fun win or lose, and I've realized that there is always someone faster. Doesn't matter who you are, there is always someone faster.

um the guy is a dick just let it be. You're barking up the wrong tree, t-5 with a 5.4 isn't anything to sneeze at. Tell the guy you have two different cars built for different purposes, if he wants to race from a 40 roll on the street which is where is power band is prime for powershifting I assure you, and yes you'll be smoked off the roll maybe you'll catch up probably not in time before he slams on the brakes and calls it a win and gives you the finger.

The only way its fair is if he gets his piece of the pie and you take it to the track and you get yours. Otherwise its apples to oranges.

The reason I roll race in my truck is it has 99%/1% or something similar weight distribution. I (used to before the s/c broke) wax those mustang gt versions easy easy from any roll between 30-90mph, but thats because of the 5 speed and steep rear gear. over 100mph they had the aerodynamic thing goin on.

Then tell him he's a poor soul needing to look for b*st*rd engine swaps in the iron 5.4 because he doesn't have enough cash to supercharge his old 4.6 or buy a proper aluminum 5.4. Anyone knows setting a car to hook for drags is much harder than making it go around the twisties.
...let me rephrase that it takes more effort in thought, trial, and error to make a car hook vs going fast around a turn.

edit- sorry pat I vote mustang, just read he'd be on the spray. I was thinking this was a stock 5.4 where he'd pull ahead of you off a roll and you'd catch him maybe or maybe not. On a roll with spray he leaves you in the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor