Who would win in this virtual race?

• 1980 Chevrolet Malibu

Votes: 43 81.1%
  • 2008 Ford Mustang

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Traction is going to be key, but his car has a lot of the stock equipment and weights close to 3500-3600lbs while mine is right around 2800lbs. Big difference in weight since I don't have any air equipment and other parts.

He tried drag racing tonight when I took my dakota out, but supposedly he couldn't get traction and with a 3.31 gears was getting terrible launch. What I heard his first run was high 14 without the spray.

I currently own a 07 stang gt and a 84 monte ss. You haft to compare apples to apples. My stang cost @ 35,000. If I had $35,000 into my monte it would be a pretty wicked, and nasty car and destroy the mustang no questions asked. I know exactly how you feel about this kid running his mouth. I worked with a kid that was the same way. He was always bragging about how his 95 thunderbird would beat both my cars. Well I kinda just ignored him. He had tons of money in that stupid t-bird. He put a 4.6l dohc motor in it, a supercharger, 4.11 posi, shift kit, stall convertor and all the bolt ons you can think of. My simple answer to him was how much money do you have invested in that t-bird, when he said $15k I said when I put 15k in perfomance upgrades on each of my cars I will race you! We never raced, but he had major traction issues and eventually wrecked the car driving like an idiot. So Good luck! Nothing beats the sound and the enjoyment of driving and working on an old muscle car. Even though I have a new stang, I find newer cars a pain to work on, and expensive to upgrade and the stang just doesn't have that low, lumpy rumble of my monte!

patmckinneyracing said:
He tried drag racing tonight when I took my dakota out, but supposedly he couldn't get traction and with a 3.31 gears was getting terrible launch. What I heard his first run was high 14 without the spray.

Sounds like he is running about stock times for that Mustang. You have absolutely nothing to worry about racing this guy. Just be prepared to hear his excuses after you beat him :mrgreen:

Agreed, 14's in the 1/4 is a stock time for a stang. If he runs 14's now without spray and he can't hook the car, with spray he is really going to blow the tires off and go no where fast, except the tire store. i wouldn't worry. Race the spoiled kid so we can hear the results. Either way, an old g-body is cooler than a new stang anyday.

Man Pat you're realy gonna hate me soon, but I really don't think there is anyway you got you Bu wieghing that low. With what you took out of it, it's still gonna be around 3100-3200.

Wish i was closer id come race him with my mustang or f250 lol.My mustang is a 71 mach1 557 ported cobra jet heads 4r70w with my slicks it will wheel stand tell 2nd gear.Or tell him bring me his car and a blank check ill fix it right for him.

I wished i lived closer too. id race the rust stang in my olds. Unless you have an old mustang the only fast mutsang has a chevy motor in it that what i hear.

dude i wanna see this so bad i love it when a mustang gets creamed in a drag especially with some cocky kid who thinks hes all that and a bag of chips just cuz hes runnin alittle bit of nos. il take him on in my 4 banger dodge dakota il throw on a k&n air filter and cut the muffler off so we can be an even match at the strip lol smart mouth kids and fords really make me wanna pop someone in the mouth. smoke him with the bu and make him cry bu who lol :rofl:

BE SURE TO RECORD IT! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor